Botox Injections with Serial Casting

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

It has been several years since my last post. Sister was dx with GBS November 05 and has partial return. I have a question, has anyone had botox injections for foot drop with serial casting. The years in bed have caused severe foot drop. She received a PT evaluation yesterday and this was suggested. Thanks, Kim

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Hi KC,

I hadn’t heard about botox injections for foot drop. If your sister decides to have the injections, I hope she’s able to see a significant change in her foot drop. If it’s a viable option, I’d definitely try it as I’m having one heck of a time trying to wear this AFO. 🙁

If you receive additional information, would you mind sharing it? I’d certainly appreciate it.

Take care,

Tina

• March 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I’ve read that GBS patients shouldn’t receive botox injections.

This is from the Botox website:
      [B]Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including severe dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) and respiratory compromise (difficulty breathing) from typical doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic[/B].

Just thought I would pass it along, just in case.

• August 18, 2015 at 4:25 am

Botox injections with serial casting is very effective. I am taking botox treatment from last 9 months and have no complication. This is our local Leeds cosmetic company Call Lane Aesthetics in Botox Leeds.

Tagged: