Book on CIDP

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Has anyone read this?

I’ll probably end up getting it but before I spring for the cashola I thought I’d see if anyone had read it yet. It’s the only book by someone with CIDP that I have found so far.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 1:31 pm

No Jules, havent heard of that one. Have you thought of getting a used one? They are often around a dollar or two and normally in good condition.

How are you doing today? Have you felt any big difference in muscle strength?

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Not yet, though I had some bursts of energy which the nurse attributed to a rebound effect of the benedryl. I’m pretty wiped out but no real side effects from the IVIg except for blown veins. I’ve got bruises all over my arms and look like a junkie. 🙂 I’ll give it a few days to kick in, then hopefully I’ll have more energy, or at least strength. The nurse said not to look for any up and down stablization for six months or so. She has other CIDP patients, one progressive and one relapsing/remitting and she said it took awhile for the relapsing/remitting patient to get stablized into a routine.

I liked the nurse! She was funny and nice, we watched the food channel and I learned a few things. 😀