Blurry Vision

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Hi,

My brother is 1 year into recovery and has noticed his left eye becoming blurry. (Las 3 days) Has anybody ever experienced similar issues? He has no facial numbness or problems closing his eyelids.

We have left a message for his neuro to call us back, but wanted to see if anybody would have any imput.

Thanks,

Larry

• February 20, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Does your brother also have double vision?  Is he on any treatment for his CIDP?

My daughter had cranial nerve inflammation which caused blurry vision, double vision & eventually her right eye was stuck looking in towards her nose. It took quite a bit of IVIG to fix the problem.

I think the neuro should send him for a brain MRI with & without contrast & also refer your brother to a neuro opthamalogist.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Hi Kelly,

He doesn’t have double vision. His current treatment is PE once a week with prednisone (20mg).

How is your daughter today?

Thanks,

Larry

• February 21, 2013 at 3:47 am

Hi Larry – My daughter is very well – thanks for asking. She has had CIDP for 7 years now & we are currently attempting to wean her off of the IVIG completely by the end of June.

Did you ever hear back from your brother’s dr?

Kelly