Biopsy and EMG today

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2012 at 2:05 am

Did the tests and now I wait. Anyone have a normal EMG and an abnormal biopsy?

• March 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Yes, others on the site have had normal ncv/emg but abnormal biopsy. Specifically I remember a member named cheryl, I think her member name was angel2angel, try looking on archives. Maybe angel2ndclass?. Maybe someone else will respond and remember her name

• Anonymous
      March 23, 2012 at 12:43 am

I remember Cheryl and her name was angel something… sorry no help. I have wondered how she is doing though.

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2012 at 4:27 am

Thanks Dawn and Chrissy. I have had so many “weird” results that doctors tend to pass me off to another doctor… and then another… etc. Fortunately, things are much better at PNA and I’m being taken seriously with real compassion. I have been fighting for help since 2009… a friend of mine who is a naturopathic doc told me he would have given up long ago… being labeled a psych case many times was infuriating, but I just picked up and moved on, keeping my focus on getting a diagnosis and treatment. When the EMG was normal, I had that feeling of “here we go again” but my doctor said if the biopsy doesn’t show anything we are definitely moving on to other tests and procedures until we figure this out. ENCOURAGEMENT is definitely empowering! Hope you both are doing well. Appreciate the response. I feel alone at times and this forum is a great help!

• March 26, 2012 at 7:06 pm

How about genetic testing for Charcot marie tooth

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Hey all. Yes Cheryl is angel2ndclass. Her email is angel2ndclass22699@yahoo.com

Hope you are all well.

• April 13, 2012 at 1:34 am

good luck with your biopsy results! What kind of biopsy did they do? Skin or nerve? I had normal emg- despite muscle wasting.. and high end of normal protein in my Lumbar puncture… abnormal autonomic testing and my skin punch/neve biopsy came back abnormal all the way up to the thigh. they have officially diagnosed me with atypical CIDP.. and I get IVIG, which helps tremedously. Hope it all goes well with you!