Beth after 2nd surgery

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2008 at 11:29 pm

Hello to all. I have the wound vac back on. Area remains painful.
      Remain on the IV antibiotics via a pump.
      Have phresis this week.
      Feel like I’m way to busy. Go to Infectious Disease MD 3 times a week, have a home health nurse 4-5 times a week, Physical Therapy 2 times a week, and then the other MD I have to see two to four times a week. i am really low on energy.
      Positive side Surgeron said I can start doing light housework again. It proves interesting with a walker and two fanny packs with long tubes attached to get very much done.
      Have read some of the posts and my feet after a year are still numb, tingling, pins, needles and pain. My hands remain numb.
      I wonder If I will ever recover to the point I can walk without aide, drive a car, or go to a store alone. It has been a year since I have driven or been able to get to a store alone.
      I get really down at times being attached to all of the equipment and spending so much time in my recliner. I keep telling myself that it will get better and be patient, but a year seems like so long of a time with very little progress made.
      But, I keep praying and reading the forum and hoping.
      Guess more time is needed.
      Thanks for letting me vent.
      Beth in Florida

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2008 at 11:41 am

Good to hear from you Beth. Hang in there and I will keep praying for you!

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Hey Beth, you certainly have been having a most difficult time. I will pray that your courage remains strong. I just know that you can do it! Many hugs.