Bersitius and cidp

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2007 at 4:04 pm

I went to the emergency room Saturday nite and could not walk and extreme pain in left hip . They said Bersitus (SP) and gave me a shot of cortiscone and oxycodiene. I already take 1200 gabpentin every 4 hours , about 6 500mg of vicodin and 2 morphine pills a day.. They told me to stop jogging LOL and riding bikes LOL.. I havent hardly done anything except walk around the house when this happened My wife is trying to get me in today to see the DR. as we leave for Disneyland next Monday.. I’m seriouly thinking of taking a wheelchair with me so I have a place to sit while we chase the grandkids.. Does any of this sound right??

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2007 at 4:40 pm

When medical people do not understand GBS/CIPD they sometimes will diagnose for something they do understand and know how to treat . . . I do not want to second guess, just caution.

As to the wheel chair ~ YES. You will enjoy your trip so much more! And with spending that time with those beautiful grandkids, use your energy for things other than walking like smiling, grinning, “whooping it up” etc. 😀 Have fun!

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Yes, yes and yes on the wheelchair. I think your shouldnt even think twice about it, your trip will be far more enjoyable having it!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 12:01 am

When we went to Disneyworld years ago, they have wheelchairs there for ou to use. We took my son’t own wheelchair with us on the plane, as he was 11 then & in a child’s wheelchair. If I went now again, I would definitely use one, but probably one of theirs.

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 3:45 am

Amen to the wheelchair, and if you’re flying, contact your airline and have chairs waiting for you at all airports. It’ll save you energy and time getting through the airports.

Have a great trip,

Deb

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 7:49 am

If you are in a wheelchair, at Disney World you get to somewhat cut in line so you don’t have to wait in line so long. You have to actually go on the ride, so it will only benefit you if you go on the ride. I know when we went with our kids, my wife was in a wheelchair due to an accident and we were able to move ahead of the line so she didn’t have to stand through the long lines. There is a point in the line where they have a wheelchair starting point. Your grandkids will love you even more if you can do that!!:) 🙂

As for the pain, I always recommend second opinions. Your doc may be right, but I hate medicine. So, I normally get a second opinion.

Have a blast with your grandkids!

Dennis