Back on the forum

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Hi All,
      Used to be here all the time a year ago but got a little too emotional while on and since then I have lost my Father, Stepfather and my Mother all who were only in their 60s so I had to get my emotions under control before returning. Then when the foundation had the hack problem, for some reason I couldn’t get signed back in under my old user name so now I am starting over.:rolleyes: Had GBS in 2004 for the second time in ten years only this time was really bad. We were in Florida durring the onset and of course as usual it was missdiagnosed and my husband got me home in time for the ventilator. Hospitalized for 4 months and we checked me out ourselves before needing a straight jacket. My husband and 16 year old daughter took care of me for months at home but it was the place I needed to be for some “normalcy”. This episode like many of yours was so severe and we had a brush with death in ICU along with full paralization, re-intubation, drug reactions and diagnosis of never walking again. We did some radical treatments and finally the legs began to show some signs of hopefullness. Two years later I have continued my part time job as a competitive figure skating instructor. My balance is no where near where it used to be but luckily my lungs and mouth are back to normal so I just get the criteria across that way.:D I have alot of nerve dammage in my hands, feet and legs which limits me in alot of ways but you all know how those meds come in handy. I would never survive without them. Well its good to be back and I already see alot of threads that look really relatable so I hope I can make a difference for someone else because we remember how valuable all of you were when we first found this forum. Thank you all and look forward to chatting with you all again. Joanne

• May 29, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Hi, I’m Dawn Kevies mom, we are kind of new, Kevie my ten year old was dx 10/06. We are actually going to the neuro tommorrow to try and refigure if gbs or cidp. Well welcome back and have a great day tommorrow! Dawn 😮

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2007 at 7:57 am

Joanne, Glad to have you back. Sorry for the losses. It is good to here things are getting better after going through another bout with GBS. Look forward to more posts from you in the future.

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 8:47 pm

Hi Joanne..nice to hear you again. Sorry about all of the losses and the emotional trauma that goes with it. Just remember we are here and always will to listen. Take care and be healthy.

Sherry