b12 good for us???

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2007 at 5:01 pm

I ocasionally post in another forum. There i learned neuropathy can have its origin in vitamin b12 defficiency. But even if one does not have the defficiency it can help nerves to heal. There’s a woman in the forum who says she’s received tremendous nerve pain releif from taking Methyl b12. Do you think it can help us?? Do you know or have read anything about it??
      Thank you

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Monica

Yes, B-12 should help you according to this website…

[url]www.nutritionaltest.com/methyl.html[/url]

It was pretty interesting…there are two articles to read.

Good luck

Miami Girl

• August 20, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Hi Monica,

Methyl B 12 sublingual lozenges have helped some folks with their CIDP symptoms even if they don’t have a diagnosis of a B12 deficiency. Plus they taste really good.

However, you need to base your supplement program on a good quality multivitamin. Taking large amounts of any one supplement is not as good as a well-balanced multiple pill approach based on your own particular symptoms and CIDP progression.

There is no magic pill that will cure CIDP. But you might find significant relief from some symptoms if you add appropriate supplements to a healthy diet.

Good luck,
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Monica

Google methyl B-12 and read all of the articles…there are certain vitamins
      that you can’t take with methyl B-12 inorder for it to be absorbed properly.

If you smoke, the nicotine will kill it…if you take anti-acids, you may not
      have enough stomach acids to process it into your system.

Read them all…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2007 at 11:03 am

B12 deficiency can cause neuropathy. I don’t believe it can cause demyelination typical of CIDP nor can it cause an auto-immune disease. Nevertheless, it is quite possible that it might help with nerve regrowth. But I am no expert.

Last year Dr. Kohlhouse, an oncologist/hematologist in Denver, told me to start taking the largest amount B12 I could find even though I had no deficiency. I did that for a few months but did not see any effects.

BTW, he told me he was the one who established the standards for B12.

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Hi,

I recieve B-12 shots every month, I have been on this regimen for 14 months, which I started when they found out that I had a defficiancy problem. I have found that I feel better and have more energy since I started them.

Emily