Axonal GBS updates

• Ron
      August 15, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Hi All,
      I’m interested in sharing my journey with axonal GBS. I’m 2years out from my diagnosis and still recovering slowly. I don’t use any aids for my feet or hands but my disability is quite apparent in my hands. I’m encouraged by my OT therapist to keep strengthening while waiting for more recovery. GBS (getting better slowly) is exactly what I’m doing.

• November 2, 2017 at 3:26 pm

HELLO Ron, I know what you talking about This Nov 8 2017 its going to be a yer that GBS get me after a stomach flue when i was 58 years on Nov 8 2016,(i have no high blood pressure, no diabetes, no health issues except GBS, but 58 years old) my recuperation its been very slowly i wondering if its because my age. I recovery about 40% of my hands and arms movement but my hands trembles so much to the point I throw my food out of the fork and Im still in wheelchair, my ankles can not hold my body weight, one year in recuperation and counting GBS(getting better slowly). I just got authorised to get five consecutive IVG infusions and one every month, last week I got two and this week two more I had four until today Nov 1 2017 and I dont feel any improvement, to the contrary i feel tire and sleepy.