Anyone tried this medication?

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Lyrica??

My neurologist prescribed this and I’m wondering if any of you are taking it or have tried it.

Thanks!

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 3:48 pm

Hi Karen, i’ve tried it, it just gave me a really bad headache. i am back on neurontin and it is working well for me. lyrica also comes with a warning about gbs effects, i myself will not take that chance again. lyrica is the sister med to neurontin, more expensive and just alittle less time to pain relief in some people-although neurontin has helped me in just a couple doses, and with no bad side effects.:)

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 6:40 pm

Hi Karen,

I was on 3600mg of Neurontin for 2.5 years and it always left me very tired, I couldn’t go any lower on my dose without losing the benefit. A few months ago I switched to Lyrica and love it, much lower dose, not tired at all and I get the same if not better relief for my nerve pain. And as an added bonus alot less pills to take.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2006 at 7:26 pm

I take Lyrica and have had no problems with it. I tried Neurontin first but had serious allergic reactions to it so I cannot take Neurontin again. Lyrica works well for me and the lower dose for the same (and faster) pain relief is an added benefit…but each person is different so you will need to work with your Neurologist to find what works best for you.

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2006 at 7:00 am

Further to Chery’s reply to my message about Lyrica, can someone explain what GBS warning there is with taking this medication?

I tried Neurontin but it made me dizzy and gave me headaches. My neuro said that this medication is easier to regulate as Neurontin has such a vast dosage allowance that it is harder to determine how much one needs to get any results.

Anyway, I am a terrible patient when it comes to taking pills. I cannot afford to feel any more tired than I do everyday as it is. Sometimes I think it is just better to live with the pain than go through side effects from pain medications.

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2006 at 10:55 am

Karen,

The way I understand it is that in the Lyrica adverse reactions, GBS was actually listed as having occurred from taking Lyrica. Maybe someone else as the actual information but that is how I understood it.

Jerimy