How are you?
      war u at?

peace

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Glad to see you posting treva.

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 12:54 pm

Ali, thank you for everything you’ve already done for me and my dad! You’ve been wonderful!

Soapy, we live in Trenton, TN which is about 30 miles north of Jackson. I work (out of an office on my property) for The Arc of TN located at Metrocenter Blvd in Nashville. So, I get to Nashville at least once a month.

Thanks again for responding!

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 12:58 pm

soapy,

My dad was released yesterday after 4 IVIG treatments during a 7 day hospital stay in Jackson. He was diagnosed only 10 days ago with what doctors call a mild case of GBS. I am scared beyond words. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 1:30 pm

[QUOTE=trevawoman]soapy,

My dad was released yesterday after 4 IVIG treatments during a 7 day hospital stay in Jackson. He was diagnosed only 10 days ago with what doctors call a mild case of GBS. I am scared beyond words. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It is a scary thang! I’m not really that wise.;) , but I fool some of the people some of the time. I haven’t been on this board very long and there are people much more knowledgeable than me on the subject..and I usually stick my foot in my mouth. Lookin back I worried about things way too much. Some things we have no control over, and its no use wasting energy on it. I found that God usually works it out anyway, in spite of your efforts/worry. You Dad will prolly be the same, worry worry worry.. work, money, medical bills, etc. it can drive u nuts if you let it.
      We need lots of assurance, or I did.:eek: The other thing, I think I pushed too hard trying to get my strength back. I was a go getter with a job, school, all that. All that stress and a Flu shot is what I think triggered mine. I was bound and determined to be back to normal in a year.. Well hun, it just don’t work that way with this stuff… Get him interested in something to pass the time, you can’t just dwell on your problems/health. Be thankful it wasn’t any worse than it was, and pray that it don’t get any worse, only better. anywho, my prayers go out to ya..
      If you got some time to kill, this is war i walked into the tavern and met shannon and the gang, she is from tn, but now lives in some country called chicago. its down the page just a bit.. stay in touch..
      [url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109&page=16[/url]

BTW EricVance and JohnC both live round here. They don’t post as much as I have been of late, they are doing better I hear, so who wants to hang on this board, when the world is waiting on yaa.. know what i mean vern? Matter of fact, I’m off to see their doctor tomorrow, for the first time.

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=394&highlight=soapy[/url]

my pet
      [url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=414[/url]

my pass the time.. is music

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=294&highlight=sane[/url]

peace
      soapy

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Daddy Bud’s having a hard day….grr!

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 3:06 pm

I’m sorry to hear your dad is having a hard time today. Keep in mind he prolly feels frustrated, and also guilty for the burden he has become to his friends and family.. That used to bug me alot. I wish my wife and I had gone to see a phsy aw, , a crazy doctor, when it first started.. You go thru all these stages, ya know.. Like.. denial, guilt, frustration, anger, acceptance and so one.. Start working on yours and his mental attitude.. It gets better, just look back a week or 2, and u will see he is making progress..
      Be strong for him, everything will work out.. Don’t drive yourself crazy worring about him.. do something to give yourself and his wife a break..
      God Bless
      soapy

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Sorry, missed this question at the top of the post.doh.

Dr David Uskavitch , Nashville

Here is a link with info

[url]http://local.nashville.com/David+R++Uskavitch–2C+MD.262134.8671771.home.html[/url]

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 11:42 am

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Just wanted to say hello to you, I’m from Ky. I live in a rural area of the state, about 45 miles southeast of Louisville. I’ve been to Tenn. several times, especially Clarksville as to which my brother lived there when he was stationed at Fort Campbell. But more or less just wanted to say hello ![/FONT]

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 12:37 pm

dustdemon
      i like that nik:D

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 7:27 pm

Hi Treva!

I’m a Smyrna girl, but I live in Chicago now (and hating it). I’m hoping to come home soon, and hopefully soapy and his wife will want to get together next time I’m home since they’re also in Smyrna. Where’s Trenton? I’ve never heard of it!

Best wishes to your father!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 7:53 pm

Hi, back at you, neighbor! I will be at Kentucky lake next week if Dad’s doing OK. Thanks for the shout out!

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 7:57 pm

[QUOTE=Shannon]Hi Treva!

I’m a Smyrna girl, but I live in Chicago now (and hating it). I’m hoping to come home soon, and hopefully soapy and his wife will want to get together next time I’m home since they’re also in Smyrna. Where’s Trenton? I’ve never heard of it!

Best wishes to your father!

Shannon[/QUOTE]

Trenton is 20 miles north of Jackson. Here’s the mapquest location:
      [url]http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=trenton&state=tn&zipcode=[/url]

Thanks for the well wishes, Shannon! Back at you!

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2006 at 10:39 am

jeez shannon, u know war u and ben r?

I’m going to jackson. Johnny cash and june carter.

1 ana 2 ana

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhzCF77GDo&search=jackson%20johnny[/url]

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 8:52 am

Hi, I’m from Woodbury, a little town southeast of Murfreesboro, and about and hour from Nashville. I’ve been married for almost 47 years to the most wonderful, loving guy on the planet! I have 4 children, 15 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson. I’m recovering from GBS and just living day to day, trusting God that the next day I’ll be a little stronger, and a little more energetic. Tell me about yourself. God bless you.

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2006 at 1:45 pm

I’m from East Tennessee–Clinton. I just found this forum. It is so good to know others who are fighting the same battles!

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2008 at 12:25 pm

[QUOTE=trevawoman]Just wondering!

Thanks in advance!
      Treva[/QUOTE]
      Hi Treva:

This I guess is an old thread but have not known anyone from Ten. that has this disease. Husband has cidp. Where in tn are you from
      Joanf

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Hey Joan,
      Sold our house in Knoxville last fall, and bought a cabin in Sevierville.
      What is your neuro’s last name?

GBS 3/07; 4/08

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2008 at 11:11 pm

Hi Treva! Nashville NC! Pleasure to meet you.