any experience with St.Elizabeths or Dr Gorson??

• January 14, 2013 at 2:57 am

has anyone on here been to St Elizabeths in MA or seen Dr Gorson?   I’m switching Dr’s and chose this place because it is listed as a center of excellency for cidp.

Ubbietom—are you by any chance still on the forum—i noticed in some posts from a few years ago that you were going here for cyoxin treatments. just wondering what you thought of the hosp and who rx’d your cytoxin.

Lori

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

I used to see Gorson, ’nuff said.

• January 18, 2013 at 1:32 pm

My main question DP—–did he treat your cidp effectively???  I have read that he is more aggressive and able to treat cases that haven’t responded to ivig.

He has several reputable articles published and was mentioned positively in a cidp conference held in November.    I’m hoping given all this –that he knows his stuff.

I have been warned that his bedside manner is not good—-but that’s okay as long as he can treat cidp effectively.  I don’t need him to be my friend, I have enough of those, I really need a Dr who knows CIDP .

What specifically did you not like about him—his bedside manner or cidp treatment?   What about the hospital/infusion area–is it a good place to go for infusions?

• January 26, 2013 at 1:19 am

just wanted to conclude this post in case future readers are looking for info on Dr Gorson. I met with him yesterday. He was very knowledgeable in cidp,  I would have to say even more so than  Dr Dyck was when I was at Mayo.

His bedside manner was excellent, he took the time to answer all of my questions.  He had read all of my info before seeing me, and was very knowledgeable of all I had done so far. He did not put me through a battery of more senseless testing.  most importantly, I left  with a treatment plan that made sense and a follow up appt in 3 months.

Very pleased, for anyone looking in the MA area, I would recommend him. Plus St Elizabeths is listed in the cidp centers of excellency.

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Lori222,

I am not officially diagnosed but seem to have all the symptoms of CIDP although I can still walk unassisted. I will be seeing Dr. Gorson next week, hopefully to get a diagnosis. Have you continued to see him? What has been your experience?

• August 23, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Jake yes i have still been seeing Dr.Gorson. My experience with him has been good, he seems to have a lot of knowledge of cidp and is up to date on the treatment options. He has written many publications on the disease, when I was searching for a new Dr. I came across a lot written by him (and Dr Dyck from mayo, who I have also seen).
      I would recommend Dr Gorson, others had told me his bedside manner wasn’t good, but I did not find that at all. H3e has always been very pleasant, answered all of my questions and has a fine bedside manner.