Another Good Report

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2007 at 3:43 pm

Just wanted to share another good neuro visit. Of course, I am only four days out from IVIG and I am all “plumped up”, but my neuro is very happy with my progress. We discussed the pros and cons of plasmapharesis(sp) and she had a patient who had a fatal side effect, so she recommends that only as a last resort. She is so interested in this forum, she even asked me what countries were posting, and how those countries were using IVIG vs. other treatments. That’s why I am so happy with her – she listens and answers my questions until I really “get it”! She also told me that it is VERY important to report headaches to your neuro – especially those that can’t be controlled by Tylenol, as one potential bad side effect of IVIG is aseptic meningitis – I think that’s right – so, be sure to check with your neuro if this happens to you. Maybe DocDavid could elaborate a bit, or tell me if this is true. Anyway, thanks for listening and I wish all of you good luck and good health!!!

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2007 at 10:04 pm

its true, aseptic menigitis is a very possible reaction to ivig. i had it on my second night of my first ivig set. it is the worst thing that i have ever had. you defin will know when you have it, and you will be on the horn to the neuro if you aren’t in the hospital first. it took me a few days to get to the point of even wanting to move, eat, or even open my eyes. other then the times i had while throwing up. it is not fun to go thru it.

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Cheryl – so sorry you had to go through such misery! Have you had any more IVIG or did your neuro try other treatments? Hope everything is resolved and you are having better results. Good luck and good health!