Altitude and PN pain

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2009 at 10:57 pm

I have CIDP and get IVIG. My nurse and I were talking about how the barometric pressure affects pain with CIDP, she also mentioned that the altitude you are in effects it also. I live in Michigan and we are at a lower altitude, she says that Michigan is bad for nerve pain. I know when we went to North Carolina in the Smokey Mountains and stayed in a cabin, I had less pain and it was raining also. Has anyone else heard of this?
      Clare in Michigan

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Hi LoveCats …

My doctors told me the same things …. the barametric pressure has alot to do with the way we feel on a daily basis 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 12:04 am

I’d have to agree with this logic. I have arthritis in my knees & I can feel when a storm in coming. It has to do with the change in barametric pressure.

Michael J. Foxx had a show on ABC a few weeks ago. It was something about being an eternal optimist. He went to a mountain range (I’m exhausted & can’t think of where right now) and his MS symptoms went away. They said it had something to do with the altitude.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 6:56 am

I live in Eastern, NC but not sure what the altitude may be! I just noticed the weather affecting mine. Extreme heat for me and extreme cold effects me horribly! I can tell when the weather is going to change because this mess acts up and makes me bad off. When I lived in PA the weather there was always humid or alot of moisture and super cold in the winter. An improvement was made when I moved to NC. Now the weather here is doing funky things because of global warming and my body won’t adjust!
      Seems like spring and fall I do very well! Winter and summer I have a time!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Lovescats. [HTML]My nurse and I were talking about how the barometric pressure affects pain with CIDP[/HTML]

Beachcomber.[HTML]My doctors told me the same things …. the barametric pressure has alot to do with the way we feel on a daily basis
      05-27-2009 03:57 AM [/HTML]

This has been my experience for 16 years and it is becoming more diificult to cope with. I have a website at nerve pain and weather. See below at signature.

I am now with a neurologist who has special knowledge about CIDP and related disorders. He was rather amazed at my experience and about the even very small pressure falls’ effects concerning increased pain.

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Clare,

I live in NC, very close to the Smoky Mountains and have severe pain. I don’t think Michigan is bad for you, or that NC is good for you. Although I would never move anywhere else again. I have lived in several different states and have totally found HOME right here in NC.

I suffer more with hot and cold than I do barometrically, but I certainly believe those who suffer with the change of weather. There is too much anecdotal evidence. Old wive’s tales survive the test of time because they are most often true.

Take care

Dick S