a good idea on where to go for treatment

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2010 at 10:55 am

from the GBS/CIPD news this morning:

[I]June 14, 2010
      The Wayne State University School of Medicine-Detroit Medical Center has been designated a Center of Excellence by the Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Foundation International.

The Center of Excellence designation for the diagnosis and treatment of the two conditions was awarded in recognition of the high standard and quality of patient care the school consistently provides patients.

Only seven centers around the world have earned the title from the GBS/CIDP FI, a nonprofit organization devoted to patients with inflammatory and immune neuropathies. The others include Johns Hopkins, the University of Kansas, the University of Dusseldorf (Germany), the New England Medical Center, Phoenix Neurologic Associates and the University of Texas Health Center in Houston.[/I]

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for Posting this…I am excited because I am going to the University of Kansas in July to see their department. It’s good to know that they have this designation.