COVID Vaccine

• March 6, 2021 at 11:42 pm

Anyone get the vaccine yet? And if so how did you react to it? Is anyone here opposed to getting it? My doctor suggested I get it. I have the J&J shot scheduled next week.

• March 7, 2021 at 8:17 am

My doctor said to get it, not the new Johnson and Johnson one, because it has the live culture. He said get the 1st type, Pfizer, the two part one.
      I haven’t gotten any yet, I’m a little concerned, but the issues that arise later from getting the virus, not during having the virus, that’s bad enough, there’s now evidence that people are getting blood clots and aneurysms. A guy at work died of an aneurysm a few weeks after having the corona virus. I guess I’m getting the vaccine.

• March 7, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Please move this discussion into the main topic thread here:

Covid 19 Vaccine

• March 7, 2021 at 5:36 pm

🖕

• March 9, 2021 at 8:13 am

I received the Moderna vaccine, and it has been about a month since I got the second dose. I didn’t really have much in the way of side effects. A sore arm for a day or two. After the second dose I also had a headache for a day or so. The side effects were tolerable. My neurologist/PCP and I came up with a plan to hold my hizentra for a week to hopeful initiate as strong as an immmune response as possible. I also tried to stay on as low a dose of prednisone as possible. For me the struggles came with holding the meds and my disease vs the actual vaccine. I believe the benefits of the vaccine outweigh taking my chances with covid. I continue to wear a mask and will probably do so for the forseeable future. Although I was nervous about getting the vaccine there was a sense of relief after getting the series. Hope that helps you with your decision.

• March 9, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike!

• March 18, 2021 at 7:21 pm

I have an upcoming appointment to get the vaccine but I don’t have enough time to get a medical referral from my doctor until April 1 has anyone had any luck with showing like a health summary from your doctors office that would show your being treating for CIDP & other heath related conditions?

• JD
      March 20, 2021 at 10:28 pm

I had my first vaccine shot 3 weeks ago. Prior to signing up for it I had asked both my neuro & oncologist if I should get it. Both replies were they recommended it. That’s what I went with, signed up & I didn’t ask for any referral. I filled out the form and wrote that I have CIDP. I also mentioned it to the MA that was administering the vaccine shot and he had no knowledge of GBS/CIDP.
      Never the less, no problems for me.
      I hope it helps. -John

• March 22, 2021 at 4:18 pm

I was diagnosed with CIDP back in 2011 and it was caused by the H1N1 Flu vaccine. I currently still receiving IVIG monthly or I relapse. I just got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine today, March 22 and only have a slight sore arm. I am scheduled for the 2nd dose on April 12. I am hoping still no problems especially causing any problems with my CIDP. I was very reluctant and almost didn’t go through with the vaccine. But weighing the risks of having Covid-19 and possibly having a severe reaction I decided to take the smaller risk. I will post on April 12 to see if I have any problems with the 2nd dose.

• March 22, 2021 at 5:06 pm

This forum thread contains duplicated and incomplete vaccine info. Please post further comments and info about the Covid shots in the main topic thread so that everyone is on the same page and sharing knowledge. This is the GBS/CIDP forum topic that should be used:

Covid 19 Vaccine

Thank you!

The topic ‘COVID Vaccine’ is closed to new replies.