Covid 19 Vaccine

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I just listened to a webinar given by Darrell O’Sullivan presented by the Western Neuropathy Association. He clearly stated that the CDC recommends avoiding the vaccine if you have a history of autoimmune conditions. I asked a question – “Were individuals with autoimmune diseases included in the trials”? He said no.

Jim-LA

mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. This is how most Flu shots work which have triggered GBS/CIDP in a small group of people. But not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers a somewhat different immune response. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus (Covid-19) enters our bodies.

Not everyone will have an identical immune response, and the vaccine could trigger a reoccurrence of GBS/CIDP in rare instances, requiring treatment. But Covid-19 will kill many of us and I would rather deal with IVIg and Plasma Exchange than find myself on the verge of death!

Here is the latest mRNA vaccine analysis from the CDC:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/cdc-says-severe-allergic-reactions-to-covid-vaccine-run-10-times-the-flu-shot-but-still-rare.html

Mike
      Participant

Just wondering if anyone received or is going to receive the covid vaccine and what their response was? For me I am going to get the vaccine but am a little worried. I did receive the flu vaccine this year and seemed to be ok. I like Jim would rather deal with IVIG and Plasma exchange if needed.

From the CDC website
      People who have autoimmune conditions
      People with autoimmune conditions may receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. However, they should be aware that no data are currently available on the safety of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for them.

My question is. “Has anyone with MAG received the vaccination”? Please let me know.
      Having been treated with both IVIG and Plasma Exchange with no benefit, I don’t think anyone should be under the false impression that these treatments will provide relief.

buckthorn
      Participant

And the very next paragraph specfically addresses GBS:

People who have previously had Guillain-Barre syndrome

Persons who have previously had GBS may receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. To date, no cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) have been reported following vaccination among participants in the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials. With few exceptions, the independent Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) general best practice guidelines for immunization do not include a history of GBS as a precaution to vaccination with other vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/underlying-conditions.html#:~:text=People%20who%20have%20autoimmune%20conditions,for%20enrollment%20in%20clinical%20trials.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.