Won Lawsuit Against Hospital for Father

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Whoo Hoo!!!!

I am very pleased to announce that my family won a lawsuit against the largest hospital here in Oklahoma City! This started over 2 years ago when my father had a case of gout in his spine (extremely rare) and got bed sores in the first few days. Almost three months later and many surgeries for the bed sores later, he died. He was 85 so thank goodness he had a good life. But what we won was based on the torment the hospital put him through.

I am so happy that we did it for my father and we won!!! We were about to go to court and the hospital requested mediation. I need a good visit with my therapist after that mediation last Friday. They tried to put us through hell and basically did.

I hope this is legal that I am sharing this much of my story – I’m not saying names or dollar amounts.

I know many of you probably remember my posting when my dad died… and it is so great to end that story this way!

• April 7, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Hi Chrissy,
      Congratulations on your settlement. While your father’s demise was an awful outcome, it is good to know that the hospital and those responsible for the lack of care directly are accountable. Perhaps other patients in the hospital will be taken care of better as a result of your fight for what is right! You have won more than a monetary settlement.
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Chrissy ………….

Finally!!!! It’s over at last! I am so glad that you have reached this point, I know how much you have been through with this, Congratulations Chrissy!

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 10:40 am

Congrats Chrissy. I hope that with this behind you your body and mind both will be able to do a little more healing, now. Good luck.

Alma
      GBS-MFv 1993 and 2004

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 2:09 am

Chrissy I am so happy for you guys. I do remember when it all happened and am glad to hear that you guys won a judgement. Please take care.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2008 at 11:32 am

While it’s little satisfaction that you won, as you’ve lost your dad, it IS good that the hospital has learned that they can’t be too slack in care.
      My heart goes out to and with you for all you’ve been through. It’s a nasty process which should NOT have to be so, but is.
      I truly hope that the worst of all this ‘process’ is over now and you can heal.

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2008 at 1:11 am

Oh Chrissy, how bitter-sweet . . . my thoughts are with you and your family. May you find peace. Hugs to you.

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Chrissy,

I’m glad to hear of the outcome. There can never be adequate compensation for losing your father so needlessly, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that the hospital had to admit responsibility. Maybe this will make everyone more careful, so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Thank goodness it’s over now, and you can put it behind you. Best wishes for the future.

Suzanne