wheelchairs

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Does anyone recommend a good but affordable manual wheelchair? Getting so weak to the point the walker isn’t working so great anymore. Thinking about looking at Craigslist to see what they have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2010 at 9:28 pm

If you are a Costco member or know someone that is they have one on the website for $149.99 delivered to your house!

What about places like Red Cross? I know up here they have a medical lending cupboard that people can sign out equipment to use.

Do you have a store that sells wheelchairs? Often they will have used equipment. They will often help get the best price if you tell them your budget.

Hope that helps you out some,

Good luck

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Mandy,

Sorry to hear about your decline. You might want to check with the churches in your area and see if they have a “bargain” store [second hand]. You might find one at a reasonable price. If not, they might be able to ask their members if anyone has one that they might be willing to donate or sell at a reasonable price. I know we had one left from when my mother was living with us that we donated to the church. It’s worth a shot.

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Since you will be seeing your neuro soon ask for a prescription for a wheelchair. My insurance covers the cost of my chair for as long as I need it – Sometimes insurance will pick up the whole expense. But ask your neuro. Also – Jim C is right – many churches have them donated by members for people in need. My Mom donated Daddys several years ago, never guessing I’ need it now! 🙂