What about the pneumonia shot?

• Anonymous
      September 30, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Does anyone know if the pneumonia shot is different from the flu shot? I have always been told not to get the flu vaccines but no one seems to be clear about the one for pneumonia. Any information would be appreciated.

• September 30, 2009 at 9:57 pm

I had the vaccine about 4 years ago while in the hospital and had no problems. I was in the hospital and rehab last year and contracted pneumonia while in rehab. I was under the impression that it was a one time vaccine but I was wrong!

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2009 at 7:59 am

Good morning.
      [SIZE=”4″]I had the neumonia shot before GBS. I asked my neuroligist about it and she said NO. I will repeat what she says. (IF IT COMES THROUGH AN EGG SAY NO)
      When I got my shot they said it was good for 10 yrs. Maybe it doesn’t work. With the Gov involved it would not suprise me (Lakoda)[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Lakoda,

I don’t trust the government either. I think they are rushing this swine flu vaccination. My daughter does not know what to do about her children, ( my grandchildren). On one hand they say that the swine flu is hitting children and young people particularly hard and on the other hand the swine flu shot is untested.

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2009 at 6:58 pm

I know your feelings.
      My friends that have children are refuseing to allow their children to have the swine flu shot. I have a bad feeling about the shots this year. Remember in 1976 when they came out with a swine flu shot and the amount of people getting GBS went over 1-3 every 100.000 to 30 per 100,000. More people died from that one shot that year than all the deaths from the flu.I ask this. If the swine flu shot was used in 1976 then why do we need a new one ?????? (Lakoda)