Weird residuals after GBS ?

• December 26, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Hello everyone again! I open this topic in the hope of receiving an answer or a similar experience you had.

A year and two months ago, my father was diagnosed with GBS. He had a decrease in muscle strength in his legs and hands, but without numbness and tingling. He did not receive any treatment because it was already too late, and doctors said it was a mild case.

The problem is as follows:
      In his right leg there is a permanent feeling of tightness that sometimes gets worse. Once again, he has no numbness and tingling in his legs. Every day we go for a walk outside, and after about 200 meters, the legs slowly start to get tired and start to lose balance, sometimes his legs get tired faster, other times later.
      I’m worried that his right ankle isn’t mobile, it’s not moving at full amplitude. At a certain inclination it locks and can no longer be pushed. It’s not like that on the left ankle, why is this happening?

And there is another problem:
      When the toes flex, stretched tendons begin to hurt. This is like a kind of tightening of the tendons that sometimes accentuates and makes it difficult to walk. This condition of the tendons is permanent, but sometimes weaker, sometimes more pronounced and especially on the left leg. I keep wondering what it is.

Have anybody experienced this or have an ideea about this?
      As I said, my dad has atypical residuals in my oppinion.

• March 20, 2022 at 3:22 pm

Hello again. I’m posting here again in a hope that somebody will relate to my experience and faced the same problems I described in the first post.

I wish you the best!

• March 20, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Some of the symptom’s sound like they could be GBS residuals, some are not common to GBS. This doesn’t necessarily mean it is not GBS related, just that some symptoms may be another disorder. Has he seen a neurologist recently? You didn’t say your location or your dad’s age? Has there been no treatments at all, not even PT?

• May 24, 2022 at 4:26 pm

Some days it feels like my achilles tendons are about ready to snap because they are so tight.  Usually this happens more frequently during the winter months for me. I have the AMSAN variant of GBS which apparently is very rare.

• June 17, 2022 at 1:33 pm

I have tingly feet, ankles after almost 2 years with treatment.   Also have a tendon on my right ankle, that the orthos can not determine, and so wont operate on.  I too get tired more easily, and it is hard to determine if this is due to being 2 years older, or GBS.  My case was mild also.  Lost ability to walk, but no higher.