update on Dr. not believing I have pain

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2007 at 6:40 pm

Hello again everyone,
      I would like to thank everyone who responded to my previous post so helpfully. I read each response carefully and printed to take to my Dr. I also saw my wonderful neuro who follows up with me and he was “aghast” at what the other dr. said (I shouldn’t be having pain). He immediately offered to call/write a note explaining, in his experience, most CIDP patients have a considerable amount of pain. He also offered to take over my rx for methadone.
      The following day I needed a refill and called to get one and lo and behold my dear dr. wrote it out for 3x a day instead of 2x like I requested. I guess my neuro had to have called him and explained he’s known me for 10 years now and I’m not a patient who exaggerates or “makes things up”
      Thank goodness.
      I was in 2 car accidents this week b/c of my feet, the first one I thought was a fluke and didn’t think much of it as it was minor–no damage to anything. The 2nd one I was parking in the handicap zone and my foot slid off the brake onto the gas and I really smacked up my car as I hit the pole. I didn’t think my feet were that bad. I felt terrible about that and now am wondering has anyone gotten any hand controls for their vehicles–how much are they and are they transferable to another vehicle??
      The last few days I can’t walk much at all due to weakness, cramping and pain. I hate this CIDP as I’m sure you all do too, lol.
      Thanks again

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2007 at 8:18 pm

I am glad you were able to get meds for your pain. Good thing you were not injured. I was diagnoised with CIPD in June after I originally being diagnoised with GB (my neuro said I was on the border of CIDP). I have not driven since my 1st hospital stay in April.
      Good Luck

MJ

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Lisa,

I really am glad that your doctor has had his eyes opened. I think just that small fete made you feel so much calmer.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2007 at 3:03 pm

Hi Lisa,
      so glad you got a positive response from your Neuro. Good for you for not accepting your primary doctors response. When I was at the Orthodics getting my braces readjusted, I asked about driving. The Ortho said that there was a program through an agency in our area that assesses your driving ability and recommends what if any kind of assistive device you may need for your car. I don’t know where you live, but perhaps you can call an orthodics group and ask them if they know of any service. let us know.
      Linda