The Band

• January 7, 2011 at 9:49 am

Anybody have the feeling around their waist like they are wearing a corset?

Good day!:)

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2011 at 8:33 am

my band is higher. about four inches wide just under my shoulderblades and goes all the way around by body. It comes and goes. When very tired it comes back. In October I had a really tiring time at work and doctors sent me to ER thinking I was having a heart attack. Kept telling them it was GBS, even brought the phamplet with me to er. This is also the location of strong pain during the begining of mt symptoms. Dorctor thought it was common back pain and put me on muscles relaxers.

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I remember having that band for a few months after
      I started walking again.
      Ron

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Around the waist.

Shirley

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I also have that “tight band” feeling. Mine was considerably worse at the onset; however, I still get it off and on.

• January 11, 2011 at 11:02 am

well alrighty then….I guess it’s pretty ‘normal’

thanks for the replies!

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2011 at 11:44 pm

On the old forum (2002-2006) people were constantly talking about the band. When I was at my worst, inpatient at Mayo, I kept trying to tell the doctors & nurses about the rope that was tied around my chest & felt like someone kept tightening it. They said it had nothing to do with GBS or CIDP & kept ordering EMGs for my heart. Once I got on this forum, I realized how common it was, it is a band of nerves that runs around the body (usually the chest) that get irritated in some way & inflamed, causing pain. Mine can mimic chest pain so well. I get it when I visit a lot late into the evening, even 8 1/2 years out now.

• January 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hey Pam

How ya doin’? Life is good here

the band is a funny thing. my legs are pretty much back to normal, they are moving pretty good. but the band slows everything down. it tightens when I try to lift things. it knocks me out when I try to sing, makes me feel like I have abs like Arnold, but then I look and it’s more like Homer:)

I started doing core exercises this week and I am going to fight this band