Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin (SCig)

• July 1, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Hello,
      My current treatment is: infusion, 400ML x two, Gamagard 10% every 28 days. I’m a big guy. Been on Gamagard since Feb 2018. It has pretty much alleviated the nerve pain, but has done nothing for the weakness. Since I am accustom to giving myself B12 injections weekly, My neurologist thought I might be a candidate for this type of treatment (SCig).
      There is an article about it in the recent newsletter, but a search of the forum found nothing. I’m open to try it, for a little more freedom in life, but am afraid Medicare won’t pay for it. Anyone have experience with SCig?
      Buzz

• July 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm

There have been many forum discussion threads about SCIg! Please see the following discussion and its links to other threads on the topic:

subcutaneous infusions

• July 3, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Jim-LA
      Thanks for the help. I really did do a search using the search tool provided. Must have spelled SCig wrong 😉 nothing came up

Thanks again,

Buzz

• July 4, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Hello,

Jim-LA, thank you for the links. They were very helpful to read. I have one question though….the testimonies from those who have tried it, for the most part, say the weekly or Bi-weekly seems to be the common dose. My Dr. mentioned “new technology where you take daily” shots. Question is, is he mistaken, or is this really “new”?

Buzz

Tagged: