Still Standing!!

• August 22, 2012 at 4:43 am

Hello all!

My name is Talisa, and I am 24. I was diagnosed with GBS back in Oct 2011, and with going through the ups and down of this syndrome for about 10 months, I am grateful. I know, it’s like, why are you grateful to go through this? Well, I know of others that are doing worse than I am: wheel chair bound for life, need a respirator daily, unable to feed themselves, and live in the ICU part of the hospital for months. I experience severe pain and weakness, and am unable to do alot of things, but I’m alive, and can see the sun rise and set. Sometimes you don’t really appreciate the small things until something happens to you or others. Now I appreciate being able to tie my shoes, write my name, type for a little, breathe fresh air! I will never take the small things in life for granted ever again! I know everyone is experiencing different symptoms, recovery speeds, etc., but just stay positive! Smile when you’re in pain, laugh and relax. Be optimistic, and watch your journey change. I pray for each and every one of you that you stay strong and look up! Even if this lasts for weeks, months, or years, enjoy life as much as possible :) Have faith that no matter what comes your way, you will survive! You will get through this! You’re stronger than you know! God bless you all!!

-Talisa

• GH
      August 22, 2012 at 4:54 am

My sentiments exactly.