Still New And Have Questions?????

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 6:40 am

:confused: I thought that since my daughter Monica was dx with cidp(2/07) that I had been being a pretty good advocate for her. I started a journal of you daily progression and pains, keep track of the meds she takes etc. But I never thought to ask the nurse that administered the first two IvIg’s what type/name was. Now we are getting scheduled for her to have two more infusions. Yes we are going to the same place and it will be the same nurse therefore I’m hoping that she can tell me the name brand. Can it be damageing if Monica were to get a different brand?

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 8:45 am

Dawn,
      Some people find that one brand works better for them or they have less or no side affects. You are doing a great job.
      Cindy

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 10:56 am

Hi Dawn, normally they tend to like to stick to a certain brand if it worked well the last time. Different brands of IVIG are processed differently so some people have issues with a certain brand. If you premed with Tylenol and Benadryl that will help lessen any side effects should she have them.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Dawn,

My nurses keep track of the types/amount of meds. Somebody associated with the hospital or agency your daughter goes to should have record of this. Just keep asking until you find the right person who knows!

Best of luck,

Dennis