Spokesperson?

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Not that I would wish this on anyone, but are any of you aware of notable peronalities, other than you, who are familiar with GBS-CIDP? Would we benefit from a spokesperson who would be willing to bring this to the attention of the public and for that matter, the medical community?

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I am not sure if they would be considered spokespersons or not but these two famous people are honorary board members of this foundation.
      Andy Griffith’s story can be read on this link:
      [url]http://qa.guideposts.com/story/andy-griffith-pain?page=0,1[/url]
      I actually have this copy of the Guideposts magazine in my file.

Actress Rachel Levin was known as Fran Dresher’s best friend on “The Nanny”.
      [url]http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20097876,00.html[/url]

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I don’t know who that person or persons would be, but we & espacially our Drs. sure do need one!

• July 22, 2010 at 2:45 pm

William “The Rerigerator’ Perry from ‘da Bears is recovering from this. Big man went down. FDR apparently had it. Can think of no other notables.

I’ll be a spokesperson, though I’m a nobody……:p

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Oh yes you are a somebody, a very important somebody, who cares a lot about lots of stuff!!!

Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I can think of no others that are notable. However I would love to be trained as a spokes person in my area or other areas as well. I love public speaking (haver spoke at conferences before with over 6000 attendants) and to be able to spread the word of what our world is like would be an honor! Is training available and are others interested in sharing and teaching and informing groups? Pleas sign me up ……

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2010 at 1:31 pm

You go for it Jules! Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I am familiar with Andy Griffith’s story and watch his old show on cable all the time. I keep thinking of emailing him and seeing how he is doing today? (Don’t have a clue as to how to get a message to him…) Anyway, yes, we need a spokeperson like Terri Garr for MS and others.

I’ll vote for you Jules or guitarguy… just go for it!!!