Skin Feel Sunburn?

• August 13, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Does anyone else have the sensation that there skin is severely sunburn?? In my weakest areas- that used to be pretty numb now feels SOO tender! If anything/anyone brushes up against it, just feels like an awful sunburn.. .. not sure if this is a good or bad thing- maybe the nerves are waking up? Just curious! Hope yall are all doing well!

• GH
      August 14, 2012 at 4:45 am

Hypersensitivity and a burning sensation in the feet is a common symptom of inflammatory peripheral neuropathies. My feet feel like they are burning all the time, but more severely when I walk on them for awhile. The hypersensitivity to touch seems to have lessened a lot, but is still there to some extent. This is mainly in the front part of the foot.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Experienced extreme sensitivity in lower leg after arthroscopic surgery (not related to my current CIDP problem). It was impossible to sleep even with a light sheet cover. Neurologist advised a program of “desensitization” to get the brain to react less strongly; this involved lightly rubbing the affected area with various materials (denim, linen, towel, rubber, plastic…) for a few minutes each several times a day. Sounds kinky – but after a few weeks the extreme sensitivity faded to a tolerable level and sleeping under normal covers was possible again – great relief, and no drugs involved.

• August 18, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Bny i get that feeling in my ankle and lower calve area. Mine even looks very red at times, usually when Im hot, then the redness fades as I rest or cool down.      Lori

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I have this terrible feeling in my left hand and sometimes in the fingers of my right hand.

As Ann79 I used a trick and started to stroke a cat.

It really helped a little bit, the brains started to understand that stroking a cat doesn’t hurt, but is a pleasant feeling.

This trick / treatment is common for people who’ve had an amputation and suffer from ‘phantom pains’.

Just try it, it might help and won’t harm you.