Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired: Living with Invisible Chronic Illness

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 12:55 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]A few of us had discussed this book a few months ago. I had not read it, but a few weeks ago I ordered it online (it doesnt seem to be in bookstores). If you order[/FONT], [FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired: Living with Invisible Chronic Illness,[/B] as a used book, it is so much cheaper, and my book was almost like new. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have now read the first few chapters. I doubt my eyes were dry for more than ten seconds. They have some people telling about their experiences, and they also explain how it feels for those of us who are not in a wheel chair and dont LOOK ill. I started marking passages that related the most to me, and I have almost marked passages on every page. I wish I could speak so eloquently to my doctors to make them understand! “Thats me, thats me!!!” is about all I could say. They of course do not list all the chronic illness, but everything still relates. I was hesitant to buy this book as I wasnt sure it would be worth it, but it is![/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]If any of you have read it, or read it in the future, please let me know what you think.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 6:52 pm

I did order that book off of Amazon after Jeremy recommended it, but I now have half a dozen books waiting to be read. I am waiting for my dear husband to go back to work on Monday after being off of work for 9 months, due to two back surgeries. I will let you know how I like the book.
      I just finished reading [U]90 Minutes in Heaven [/U]& could relate to what he experienced while recuperation from a devestating car accident. I also finished [U]Please God, Can You Heal Me, in Your Spare Time[/U], about a young boy who had GBS for about a year or so back in the early 80s. Although it actually sounded more like CIDP to me. Anyone else read it, & what are your thoughts?
      Pam

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Joseph Heller (NO LAUGHING MATTER) was in Rusk Institute, about four blocks from where I live. He takes credit, together with other Rusk patients in chairs, for the many accessible bars in our neighborhood. I was waiting for Victor in the the Waterfront Cafe (a block from my apartment) and I shared this information with Drew, the bartender. We’re trying to figure out how Heller got to the dark dingy men’s room in the basement. For that matter, I was trying to figure out how I would get to the dark dingy ladies’ room.

Regards,
      Marge