Ringing America

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 6:37 pm

Hi,

A quick question if I may that has absolutely nothing to do with GBS.

If you are in New York, Manhatten and cannot use your mobile phone, how do you send a message to a mobile phone in Ireland? My sister has done just that – and I don’t how to reply – or even if it is possible.

I have access to a laptop at the moment – and how anyone works these yokes is beyond me! But, so far, so good.

When I get home, I’m going to talk the hind leg of a donkey! So look out!

God bless

Teresa

Oh, PS my name doesn’t show up as ‘currently on line’ andI don’t know why. I checked that I haven’t ticked the box for being invisible. I’ll try and figure it out when I go home.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Teresa,

With my phone if I am able to recieve SMS or email then I am also able to send, even if I am out of my network. So since you were able to get the message from her you should be able to send one back.

Jer

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 6:52 pm

Thanks Jerimy

It worked out okay. My sister sent me the message from a computer apparently – I’ve no idea how! Her mobile ‘phone wouldn’t work in America.

She eventually sent me a text message on someone else’s ‘phone and I was able to reply – the fact that she didn’t the reply is another thing altogether!

It turned out that she sent me a text on Friday night telling me to leave a key out as she would be home 3 hours earlier than planned. I got the message the old-fashioned way – she banged on the bedroom window when she got back, until I woke up. Ooops!

Still she had some fun and spent a fortune. All I can say to that is ‘good for her’. A bit of retail therapy!

God bless

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 12:44 am

TA, if you have yahoo messenger you can send text messages to phones for free—of course the phone owner has to pay:o . i do it to my brother all the time, because i don’t have a cell phone anymore.

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Cheryl

Sorry I’m so late replying.

I heard only 2 days ago that it was possible to do this on o2 (that’s my mobile phone network) but I couldn’t get the hang of it. I will give it a go on Yahoo.

Actually, last week I got a new boss and it turns out she has a Masters degree in I.T.! Am I lucky or am I lucky?!!! Oh, and she seems nice too.

God bless
      Teresa

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2006 at 11:50 pm

yes TA you are lucky! i could use someone with puter smarts. how is your daughter doin TA?