Restless Leg

• September 26, 2021 at 8:34 am

I’m coming up on 9 years since I got GBS. One of my residuals is restless leg. Until about a week ago, my leg would start bothering me in the early evening for several hours and then subside. Since then, its bothered all the time. Has anyone experienced this?

• September 26, 2021 at 11:52 am

Unfortunately, yes.

I had GBS that put me in a wheel chair for a month.  Shortly after being able to walk again my right leg would occasionally spasm.  Usually just as I was falling asleep.  Docs tried several meds but they either interfered with others I was taking or the side effects were worse than the issue.  As the spasm’s got worse, a doc put me on Ropinirole 1mg. That worked.  Taken 30 minutes before bedtime and I was A-OK.

I wish the story ended there.  The leg spasms migrated to the left leg.  At one time I had issues with both.  Now, years later the right leg is a happy camper and I am taking it for the left leg only.  I am wondering if it will disappear in time like the right leg spasms did.

I am pretty happy with the Ropinirole

Kevin M

• September 26, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Kevin,

Thanks for the input. I too have been taking ropinirole. I forgot one evening and needless to say I wasn’t able to make it through the night. I’m wondering if I need a dosage increase. I have no idea. If this keeps up I’ll give the doctor a call.

Thank,

Eric

• September 26, 2021 at 4:56 pm

I dumped the Ropinirole because of its side effects for me. More info about RLS here:

Restless leg syndrome

• September 26, 2021 at 6:41 pm

Jim,

Thanks for all the information.

Eric

• November 3, 2021 at 10:50 am

Thanks for the information guys.