Red Feet

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2006 at 4:39 pm

My feet have been getting red a lot lately. Have quite a bit of numbness, pins/needles, etc in my feet as well. Not red all of the time, but they are red quite a bit. I asked my nuerologist if this was common. He did not exactly answer the question but did indicate it was nothing to worry about. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2006 at 11:58 pm

My lower legs, ankles and tops of my feet turned reddish brown. The discoloration was the first sign that something was wrong. After I started to loose feeling in my lower legs and feet, it took another two years for them to come up with CIDP. At least in my case there was some skin discoloration associated with the CIDP. Go figure.:cool:

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2006 at 11:20 am

Howard,
      I think you are doing the right thing by asking here on the forum. You are the only one who knows what you are feeling. Are you on IVIG or anything? So many times I read of doctors saying not to worry because they really don’t understand what it is that you have. CIDP seems to affect everyone differently and if something seems odd you need to check it out. My daughter has CDIP and it seems to affect her eyes and bladder as well as the common fatigue and pains. Chances are since you are here on the forum you understand more than your neurologist about CIDP, remember it is rare. Has your doctor told you how many cases of CIDP he has treated? Follow your instinicts, you are your own greatest adovcate.
      Keep asking questions.
      Cindy

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 3:50 am

Your neurologist may not be the best person to ask about the problem with your feet. Check with your primary care doctor, make sure he knows about your GBS/CIDP and see what that doctor says. He may refer you to a foot doctor. If he or they think it is related, ask him/them why and go back to your neurologist armed with that information. Take care
      John GBS-3/04

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 5:49 am

Not an uncommon experience for me for 13+ years. Happens especially when everything tightens up and there is a lot of pain. My feet look very ‘angry’ then especially at the toes and round the rims of my feet. Yes, extra numbness then too. I have no doubt that it is due to the damage to sensory nerves.;)

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 6:37 pm

The Color Fushia And The Design Of Snakeskin Is One Of The First Things My Doctor Noticed. He Thought I Had Diabetes. No, Just The Pretty Color Due To Loss Of Feeling And They Are Always Cold To Other Peoples Touch. I Can’t Tell They Are Cold Or In The Summer Hot, Unless I Touch Them With My Hands. I Was Told It Is Very Normal. I Have Got Quite Use To Having Decorative Feet And Often Hands. I Would Probably Be Shocked If I Looked Down And They Were A Normal Flesh Color.

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2006 at 7:21 pm

The red only started with this neuropathy. And the skin is kinda long wrinkly like I’ve been in the bathtub too long. Along with the pins, needles, pain.

Cheers
      Val

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I just happened to see the topic of this thread and before reading anything I looked down at my feet. I was shocked. They were red and blue like I’ve never seen them before. They were very cold to the touch. I didn’t feel that they were cold, no pain either. Stupid me. I thought I could get away with walking around barefoot. Put warm socks on right away. Funny, now since I am paying attention, the feet do feel cold.

I wonder if there can be any damage to the feet if they are that cold and look red?

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 11:28 pm

Nate has pink feet too. If he puts them up they get a bit more white again.
      They also swell sometimes if he has been sitting a lot.
      I believe I saw a post about it on the GBS Adult board.
      The post if I remember correctly says that the peripheral nerves control the temperature as well as the skin color.
      When they are damaged, they don’t function as well as when they weren’t damaged.
      Makes sense to me why they are pink.

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2006 at 1:31 pm

[QUOTE=Natesmom]The post if I remember correctly says that the peripheral nerves control the temperature as well as the skin color.
      When they are damaged, they don’t function as well as when they weren’t damaged.
      Makes sense to me why they are pink.[/QUOTE]
      Thanks for posting that. My red feet never made sense to me because several doctors checked blood circulation in my feet and it is fine.