Really Big Problem: Stressed And Worried Sick

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 9:51 am

Hi Family,
      Some of you may remember that I posted about a new scooter I bought. It was delivered and this “scooter” should not be advertised as a scooter, it is an ATV. It is too wide to fit through my ground level apartment and my hands are too damaged by CIDP to operate the handlebar controls. They would not bring it for a test drive first so the only way I could see it and find out if I could drive it was to have it delivered. This EV RIDER BREEZE 111 GTS was not the original scooter that I had asked for. I wanted one that could fit through my apartment door, pull up to a table and go inside a store. I chose the EV RIDER because it was more adaptable to outside use. The Scooter Store knew what my needs were with a scooter, I explained very carefully over and over again and when I saw a change in models, I thought that this one would still meet my needs.

When I ordered the EV RIDER the Scooter Store ASSURED and PROMISED me that they understood I might not be able to drive it, I could not ship it back to them for a refund and they would come and pick it up. I need them to come yesterday or now at the latest. I have no place to keep this scooter. I live in a gated senior community and our security police tried to help me find a place, but it’s too wide to fit in empty offices, buildings or empty apartments. Right now it is inside the church but even though they have not demanded, they want me to take it out. I HAVE NO PLACE TO PUT IT, no carport or garage with my apartment and if it was left outside the rain would damage it.

I AM STRESSED OUT AND SICK WITH WORRY because I fear the Scooter Store will not come for it before I have to take it out of the church. THE RAIN WILL RUIN IT AND THAT’S AN AWFUL LOT OF MONEY TO LOSE.

• September 10, 2009 at 10:05 am

Liz,
      So sorry! I am so sick of the consumer getting ripped off!!!! Especially vulnerable senior citizens. Have you tried asking for the ceo of the company? I am sure in Florida there has to be some sort of help group for seniors regarding being taken advantage of by companies. How about a Fla. congress person/ Good luck, we will say a prayer this gets resolved. Maybe there is a retired lawyer in your community that could help?
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 10:16 am

Liz – This is what I would do.

I would call them RIGHT NOW and demand that they come get it. Tell them you have no where to store it. If they do not come get it TODAY it will be put outside where it will be exposed to the elements & possibly stolen.

Tell them it is their RESPONSIBILITY to come & get this scooter ASAP. Tell them you will NOT be responsible if it is stolen or damaged because they did not send you what you requested.

If you have to, call them every hour & remind them they still need to get it.

Good luck,
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 11:39 am

I did call the scooter store and I was told by the person that as he was talking to me they were in the process of scheduling a pick-up. One of the scooter stores advocates is supposed to call me within 24 to 48 hours. I’m too worried to believe they’ll pick it up until they are at my door. I have nothing in writing from the Scooter Store that I had originally asked for another model. The order was placed over the phone. And I have nothing in writing that they promised to pick it up and refund my money. Their policy is that I have to ship it back to them. I asked for a letter or email but they never sent it.

The scooter was delivered late in the afternoon on Friday, the 4th, because of the holiday I couldn’t start calling them until Tuesday, the 8th. Maybe I haven’t given them enough time to act on this but I’m freaking out with too much worry to wait on them.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm

First off, don’t get yourself all freaked out. Hopefully the church will continue to be patient. Maybe just give them day to day updates on the progress of getting it out of there, so they know you are trying. You could also call the Scooter Store & tell them you cannot wait 24-48 hours & you need a call back immediately.

If they don’t help you with this threaten to report them to the better business bureau. Tell them you live in a senior community & you will spread the word about the way you have been treated. Usually stuff like that makes them work a little harder.

Kelly

• September 10, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I can only hope the Scooter Store comes through. Is there a church member living nearby who could possiblly store it in their garage?
      Contact the Scooter Store sooner than the 24-48 hrs. and also go to the top supervisory dept also. I think someone mentioned the CEO.
      In the meantime is there anyway you can wrap the scooter in a tarp or can anyone help you wrap it to protect it from the rain if necessary?
      Is there a senior citizens’s center in your area you can call?
      If you send any letters make sure they are certified.
      Here Are Two Websites:
      One is for the State Attorney General’s Office:
      [url]www.naag.org[/url]
      The other is for the Federal Trade Commission : [url]www.ftc.gov[/url] and their phone number is 1-877-382-4357.
      I’m glad you are acting on this right away. I will say prayers that this matter will be resolved quickly.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Liz.
      Call FOX CHANNEL 35 in Orlando and tell them what is going on. Also call the Orlando news paper. Call the scooter place one more time. Tell them they have say 3 hours to be there with the right scooter and pick this one up or you will contact FOX 35. FOX loves to expose companys like your scooter store. Remember NO MATTER WHAT NEVER NEVER give money or pay for anything till you have tested it. (Lakoda) North Fla

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Hey roomie,
      Let me know if you want me to make any phone calls or e mails for you..I know it’s hard for you to use the phone or type so I will gladly take care of it..Just send me a message.

Hang in there and try not to worry. If nothing else, ask Ivan if he has a tarp or if he will pick one up for you at wal mart and then if you have to sit it outisde at least it can be covered with a tarp.

Let me know if you want me to help.

Take care

Sherry

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2009 at 2:28 pm

You need to soup that sucker up with a big motor and fins to keep you on the ground, so you can take it on the road!

/me thought they made those things to fit through office doors…hmmm

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Liz, you say its an awful lot of money to lose—you did pay for this with a credit card right? Please say right!! Call the credit card company and cancel the payment deny the charge is correct. the scooter company will come to you to pick it up as soon as they see that the payment was not credited to them from your card. It will be faster that way and less stress on you. You only have to give them reasonable time to pick it up-which you have. and especially if it is not what you ordered in the first place. Stop all payments-just in case you didn’t pay by card. If by check cancel it immediately! I’m so sorry you have to deal with this stress. Sit down, take a few good deep breathes, and then have a tall refreshing drink!!:) Take care!

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Yes, Cheryl, I did use a credit card when I placed the order for the EV Rider scooter. I used my debit card since I knew I had the money in the bank to pay for this in full. At least the scooter store is being decent about this order, I have to give them credit for that, they haven’t charged my card. The bank told me that I cannot put a block on a credit card purchase, but if I am charged I can file a grievance.

This is where I stand now. The scooter store said I am being processed for a pick-up, but I’m not scheduled for one yet. I have a probably/maybe for the week of the 20th now and that’s putting me on a priority. The scooter store is not refusing me a refund but that can only happen if the scooter is returned in brand new condition. The scooters been stored in the church since Sept. 4th and if the church should demand I take it out I will lose a lot of money because I don’t know how or where to find a place to store it. The scooter store is not that far from me, if I could drive I would have rented a truck and brought it back on the 5th.

My hands are bad right now from using my fingers for all the phone calls. I have to tape them up to make a splint when I type and I’m not using the phone unless I really have to. Pressing in numbers is worse on my fingers then typing.

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2009 at 10:41 pm

hey liz..would the van with the lift be willing to take you and the scooter to the scooter store to drop it off..just a thought

• Anonymous
      September 16, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Lliz,

I am so sorry that you have had all this extra stress about returning your scooter placed on you.

Another thought…does anyone in the church have a truck that the scooter would fit in? Perhaps they could assist you in getting it back to the store.

Take care, I hope things get settled very soon for you.

Rhonda from Canada