Post surgery questions

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2007 at 11:24 pm

I had my gall bladder removed 2 weeks ago. I have been having some chest tightness. Today I had really stiff legs and arms. It is making me a bit nervous. Has anyone here experienced residuals after surgery (post gbs)? If so, what type and how long did they last?

• December 4, 2007 at 1:48 am

hope you are feeling better otherwise…

After my surgery in June, I also had weird feelings in my legs. As if they were in dire need of a serious stretch. My back and chest were uncomfortable too…not sure if that is cuz they filled me with air or just the stress of having to move differently to avoid pain. Keep an eye on things nonetheless and of course dont hesitate to head on in if things get weirder.

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2007 at 8:57 am

I wondered about the “air” too — may have stretched some muscles a bit! My stomach is still off, but hopefully as time goes on it will be better. I know for sure that I am feeling older 🙂

Thanks for the reassurance.

• December 4, 2007 at 11:06 am

I had felt soreness and pain in places that I didn’t think possible after my surgery. I had an ovary removed, why would my back hurt or me legs? I got freaked out a few times and thought the worst. It was about a month before I stopped worrying as much over a possible return. Prayers for a quick and easy recovery my friend!

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2007 at 2:56 pm

It is SO easy to think the worst 🙂 I am going back to work tomorrow so I don’t have so much time to think! I work in the same town I live in, so if I get tired, I’ll just come home. Thanks for the perspective — I needed some!