Plasmaphresis

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Will start five treatments of plasamaphresis over seven days this week or next. Hope that I’ll have some of the same reponse that some of you have had, esp. with hands and feet getting worse.
      Am a little scared as they say it is a six to eight hour deal, but I survived the five hours of IVIG.

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 8:54 pm

I am sorry you are getting worse, and hope you have success with the pp. I am early in my CIDP and treatment (roids, Imuran, and IVIG), but have been keeping pp in my mind as a possibility if these stop working. I try to hold onto the positive posts people have put up here. I don’t even know if my doctor does PP, will have to ask him, just in case. Hugs and prayers coming your way. Let us know how it goes.

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Hey Beth, let me know how this goes for you. I forgot to say so in my IVIG email. but let me know and i’ll be praying for you….

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Go for it! You have to find something that will stop the attacks. I think different things work better for some people than they do others. I am currently on a every 10 week maintenance with plasmapheresis. I do these before the relapse starts. I have also been on Cellcept for the last year. For me what worked is plasmapheresis and Cellcept. The Cellcept has extended the time between relapses and the plasmapheresis stops the relapses. Gotta find what works and go with it. Stop the demylenation.

Steroids don’t work for me. IVIG jacked me up. Find what works for you.

Plasmaphresis

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 6:29 pm

I will start five treatments of Plasmaphresis over a seven day period this week or next. Am praying that I’ll have the success others have had, esp. since feet and hands are getting worse. Will keep you posted.

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Will be thinking of you and praying for a successful treatment.

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Good luck. I am currently doing PP every other week. I started back in Aug when I had my last relaspe that sent me to th hospital. Don’t get discouraged if you do not see quick results. My PP tech said most people see some sort of improvement after th 3rd PP. It really is not as bad as you might think. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids before hand and let them know ASAP if your lips start to tingle—they will need to increase the calcium they give you.
      Take care
      MJ

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 8:57 pm

My prayer is that God will grant you much improvement through your PP treatments. Sending many positive thoughts and wishes your way, Beth!!!

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 10:13 pm

my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know how things went for you. I know how scary doing things like this can be. If you get scared, just keep your mind on jesus and try to sing a song that will bring joy to your heart.

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 12:13 am

Good luck Beth. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. You so deserve a break. I’ll be thinking of you.
      Linda