One-time Response: I Had A Vaccination And Believe It Is The Source Of My Gbs/cidp

• September 2, 2010 at 8:51 am

This will not be scientific, but hopefully it will be organized.

There are many threads where the discussion turns to blaming vaccinations. There is also a popular belief that the medical system is not only inept but is on a mass scale knowingly covering up a link between vaccinations and GBS/CIDP.

If there is, this needs to be challenged on a legal level. I feel that it would be good to have an organized page dedicated to a discussion on this controversy should any attorney be looking for evidence in a possible class action lawsuit. As well, if there is a stronger link than we have been taught to believe then there could be a story for someone in the mass-media.

Please respond if you feel that your case was caused by a vaccination. Be descriptive about the type of vaccination and the length of time between getting the shot and GBS/CIDP.

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2010 at 10:13 am

Northern Guitar Guy,

I had the seasonal flu vaccination in 9/09 and the H1N1 in 11/09. 4 days after the H1N1, I developed my symptoms. I have been told though that you can have an immune-mediated response up to 10 weeks after a vaccination.

I strongly believe that my current problems were caused by one if not both of the vaccinations triggering latent virii in my body. I was diagnosed with mild GBS, then POTS/dysautonomia, and possibly have ME/CFS. I am still searching for a more conclusive diagnosis 9 months later.

On this Forum, there have been at least 5 people that have mentioned that their GBS was triggered by the H1N1 vaccination. Several people have mentioned the flu vaccine. I am currently exploring filing claims with the VICP and CICP. However, it is a lengthy process and one individual told me that he recovered, but after 4 years. I am not hopeful that I will recover, but at least have to try and let the government know that there are injuries out there.
      Good idea for a thread. I will be curious to see how many people believe that this is the source of the GBS/CIDP.

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Can I reccomend so that you can easily tally everything that you use surveymonkey.com

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2010 at 1:46 pm

[SIZE=”3″][COLOR=”RoyalBlue”]I had my 3rd only shot the last week of Nov 2007.A week later my feet were going numb. My Neuroligists said without a doubt it was the FLU SHOT.They proved back in the 40s POLO was 45 % GBS.If it got public and made front page think how many DRUG COMPANYS would go broke?? Better to slip a million here and there to keep it quiet. Also NEUMONIA AND TETNIS SHOTS are as dangerous as the flu shotOver 75% of doctors don’t even know what to look for to see GBS.Over 70% of neuroligist do not know what to look for and then the ones that do do not know how to treat it.Read about the swine flu out break in the 70s and how many died and got GBS from the special shot like last year and why did the CDC remove it over night and said nothing ??? Lakoda[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Hello Guy,
      I let the facts speak for themselves. I worked in a hospital and it was as close to an order as you can get that we receive the flu shot. I had the flu shot in November 1997. In March 1998 I started showing symptoms that something was wrong with me. Since I was progressing at a very slow rate, could function normally and wasn’t diagnosed yet, I had another flu shot in November 1998. A week later I lost my ability to walk. What do you think, did the flu shot cause CIDP for me?

• September 2, 2010 at 7:49 pm

[QUOTE=codystanley]What do you think, did the flu shot cause CIDP for me?[/QUOTE]
      Hey Liz

I don’t know what to believe on this. I’m no doctor, more of an idiot:D

I had a shot in Jan. 2010 and go hit [U][B]hard[/B][/U] with GBS between May 23rd to about June 3rd when my symptoms peaked. I assume that I would not be considered for a legal challenge due to the time between my shot and my GBS.

For all I know, I am a regular patient, with typical symptoms (another GBS recovering patient thinks that I am Miller-Fisher because my eyes were affected and my upper body was hit hardest, I dunno) and I am on the mend nicely.

At this point I am not as concerned about a lawsuit as I am worried about people getting GBS/CIDP through vaccinations as flu season approaches.

I am skeptical about a conspiracy at play here only because I believe that true conspiracies on a scale this big fail due to loose lips. If it is true then I think that we should not be sitting on our a**es complaining to one another but instead should be hounding the press and every medical attorney we can find.

I’m looking for answers.

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I got my flu shot last October, and my GBS Dec 25th. Doc thought it was too long a time, but I am begining to believe there is a connection. I wait for my Rx’s at Walgreens and watch people getting their flu shots and feel like stopping them. I’ve made it clear to my family to NEVER get a flu shot – is it a genetic predisposal? Who knows? But who wants to test it? No me! Not my kids! I honestly belive there is a connection.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 9:38 am

I got three vaccinations for respitory infections and 4 days later was in the hospital with GBS

• Anonymous
      September 13, 2010 at 1:14 am

Due to high fevers, seizures, and loss of muscle tone in children, the flu vaccine was [B]banned in Australia[/B] earlier this year:

[url]http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/flu-vaccination-ban-goes-national-after-fever-convulsions-in-children-20100423-tglp.html?from=age_ft[/url]

and the[B] Pandemrix (H1N1) vaccine was banned in Finland:[/B]

[url]http://www.thl.fi/en_US/web/en/pressrelease?id=22930[/url]

[I][B]
      Sweden’s Medical Products Agency[/B][/I] is investigating reports of narcolepsy after [B]Pandemrix[/B] shots in Sweden, Finland, France, Germany & Norway:

[url]http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/199238.php[/url]
      [url]http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/41743/[/url]

and the [I][B]European Medicines Agency[/B][/I] is conducting their own investigation into [B]Pandemrix[/B] after receiving similar reports:

[url]http://www.europharmatoday.com/2010/08/european-medicines-agency-to-review-pandemrix-link-to-narcolepsy.html[/url]
      [url]http://vaccinenewsdaily.com/news/215089-european-medicines-agency-investigating-pandemrix[/url]

I’m not trying to make a comment one way or the other on the safety of seasonal flu or H1N1 vaccines. I had just read about these vaccine reactions before I saw your post so I thought I’d pass on the info.
      🙂

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Hello NGG Yes i had not had a flu shot for 35 years never sick any days.I had flu shot Nov 2007.I did not return home until Sept 2008.Yes ny GBS was caused by a flu shot.It is hard to get some Doctors to say it was caused by the vaccine.I still am in recovering and want to help anyone and give anyone hope.Any of the diseases we have are so hard on everyone.As always baby steps are miracles.Good luck and many blessings.

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Sorry NGG My reaction started 8 days after seasonal flu vaccine.Local hospital and Doctors did not know what was wrong.Ambulance to larger city and spinal tests did prove GBS.I do not want to be negative so if anyone wants more info i would be glad to talk with anyone.You do need a lot of documentation if you seek class action.I always like to ask who the manufacturer was of that vaccine that made anyone ill.Just think this year they are putting other like h1n1 in the seasonal flu shots.Blessings

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I believe there is a warning on the flu shots that side affects are GBS. Also there is a sharp increase in Autism because of vaccinations. Everyone has to become informed and decide for themselfs what the risk reward is. My wife and I have skipped lots of vaccines that would have ben given to our child .