Not sure about residuals.

• December 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I had GBS back in 1997, never fully recovered, always pain in legs. In 2011 had a stroke left side still have weakness from that. I have started to get odd sensations in both legs I don’t no if it is residuals from occurring from the GBS again. I don’t many answers from doctors. Has anyone have changes in residuals a long time after they developed GBS?

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Hi Joan-

I’m sorry you are experiencing new symptoms. I had onset GBS in late 2005, and I recently have experienced a lot of spasms in my torso. I don’t know if this helps, but I thought I’d share it. I hope the symptoms subside quickly!

Peace.

• August 11, 2014 at 5:55 am

People have lapses where they might be hyper, or they may be depressive. But some people have “residual” symptoms, meaning that even when not super depressed or super high, they still have some symptoms of it, mild depression perhaps or mild good feeling for no reason.

• November 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I will be three years at the end of January 2015 and I still have some residual paralysis and weakness on one side, as well as occasional muscle spasms and nerve and eye pain.

• January 17, 2015 at 5:13 am

GBS in ’98. fellow survivor. Complications with other bodily issues make it difficult to figure out if my residuals have changed or that, as I age, other factors complicate how I see my residuals. That is, chronic fatigue has been persistent since I was afflicted, but type II diabetes increased my CFS, and I felt a boost to my energy once I got my diabetes under control. None the less, I have less sensation in my feet, so the pins and needles are not as bad now, which from what I gather is not a good thing. Joan, might it be the complications of other disorders that make you feel as if the long-term residuals have changed?

• May 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Yes, my restless leg syndrome, and balance have gotten worse. I am 18 years out