New with questions.

• May 19, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Looking for some advice. Had emg and found severe sensory damage and some motor damage both feet and legs up to knees. My pain has bothered me for several years but got much worse about 6 weeks ago. Met with neuro after emg. His exam consisted of me attempting heel and toe walking and checking reflexes. No reflexes on feet and one reflex of knee. He mentioned cidp and that was it. I haven’t met with my Pcp for follow up. What should I be asking? What tests should be done? I got the impression that the neuro isn’t concerned about dx and just treating the damage that has been done. Any help appreciated!

• May 19, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Are you searching for info on behalf of your child or yourself? Either way the following booklet gives a very good overview of the disease, tests that should be made to confirm it, and treatments. There is some urgency to start treatments if it is CIDP. The longer CIDP goes untreated the worse the damage could become.
      http://30g7el1b4b1n28kgpr414nuu.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/CIDP.pdf

• GH
      May 21, 2015 at 12:22 pm

If you have a diagnosis of CIDP, you don’t “follow up” with your PCP, you get treatment from a neurologist. If your neuro is not interested in CIDP, you need one who is.

If this is for an adult case, it would be better to start a new thread in the proper forum. I don’t think the moderators have the means to move threads.