New Pain??

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 10:57 am

🙁 I was dx with GBS and MFS March 2006. I was lucky and all was caught early. I spend a week in the hospital with 5 days of IVIG. I have had odd pains in my extremities off and on since then. In just the past few days though the pain in my hands, wrists, ankles, neck and back has been much worse and feels a bit different than before. My feet have been a bit more tingling too. I don’t take any prescription drugs for pain. Could the healing process cause the new pain? I have not injured myself and can’t help thinking that it is all related. Any ideas???? Could it be that I’m having a flair of residuals because my body is fighting off illness? (A theory since I’ve been around some sick people lately and so many in my office have been ill, but I have not and hopefully will not?)
      Thanks for any ideas? Off to see if the some Advil will take the edge off.:(

Michelle
      GBS/MFS March 2006

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 1:43 pm

Michelle,

My guess is that with the holidays and all you have overdone it. Try dedicating a couple of days to some extra rest and see if you feel better. To me, rest is the best medicine with no side effects (except sweet dreams)!

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 3:30 pm

michelle,

ditto chrissy. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2006 at 8:20 pm

I agree with the others. As your body heals you will experience different feelings and it is easy to blame them on GBS and avoid going to a Doctor. If you are not getting better after giving your body a few days of good rest then make an appointment with your neuro. Take care of yourself! Happy New Year!

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 2:12 pm

I have been trying to take it easy and even took a sick day from work last week to sleep more. I still have more odd feelings that I have had in a while. I am making an appointment with my neuro just to see what she thinks. At least it may ease my mind a bit!

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 8:35 pm

michelle,

the amount of rest a gbser needs is far from normal. no matter how much you are getting, it may not be enough. at the beginning i slept 20 hours a day. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 9:23 pm

michelle I remember hearing and reading several times that the places that were first effected are the last to heal. The nerves repair themselves very slowly and those areas that you mentioned hands and feet are the longest nerves in our systems. I think it is a good idea to check with your Neuro and talk about medications….many of the ones here to take them for the pain. I have those residuals that you mentioned but I am not in enough pain for me to warrent medications. I have always had a very threshhold to pain and at this point I have not hit that degree yet! I have been having pain in my back and am back in Physical Therapy for that and within days the massages are helping with a rotated bone in my pelvis area. Ultra sound treatments and then backing that routine with exercise to strenghten those areas that hold things in place. Still need some strenght in the abs and back muscles.

I think it is fantastic that you have returned back to work! Keep up the good job! Hope you get back to a comfortable schedule soon!