new on the forum, excuse me I’m french

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 3:36 am

hello
      I’m sorry for my very bad english, but I hope you can understand what I wrote!!!!my name is aurélie, and I ‘m french.(paris). my daughter has a gbs since 01/01/2007. she’s 6. she stayed at hospital during 15 days. she can’t moving her feet, legs arm, head… she had ivig, neurontin, acupan , atarax and doliprane. today she fells better . she can move her head, arms, legs …but she can’t walk.
      In france ;there aren’t lots of forum or association about gbs and I want to know if some of you will be ok for speak with me. we could see the difference of medication between france and usa or other nation.
      for example , the difference of social security…
      thanks
      aurélie

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 7:17 am

aurélie

Wecome to the site. Sorry to hear about your 6 year old daughter and her battle with this afflication. Thank you for telling us about her treatment. We have many discussions going on this site where you can participate or you can start a new topic.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 7:46 am

Bonjour Aurelie. Je parle francais mai ecrire j’ai perdu le tour in peut. Moi jai pris Neurontin peur quand il m’ont fait un nerve biopsy mais sa me donnait la fatigue. Aussi GBS veut dire Getting Better Slowly. Sait slow mait aussi si ta fille fais trop elle sera trop fatigue. Elle faut reposee beaucoup. IVIG ais vraiment bons. Aussi physiotherapie ait bon.
      Mois j’ai CIDP mais sa me pas affectez gros excepte la fatigue et le mal de mon Nerve biopsy.
      Demande de question je pense il a d’autre qui comprend le francais.
      Aussi ton anglais est vraiment bon.

Sue

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 8:20 am

hi aurelie & welcome,

your english is fine. ivig & neurontin are the right things to do. try to make her rest a lot. it will speed up the recovery. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 8:28 am

thank you for your answers…
      and thank you for the french langage!!!
      today it’s a beautiful day , because cassandre(my daughter) is at school !! it’s the first time since she has gbs!!
      i don’t really understand what means”physiotherapie” . is it the same thing that we call “kinésithérapie” in french???
      I learned english at school and I can see it is quite poor!!!
      for neurontin, I don’t think that cassandre is too tired , but on her face we see that she is tired and she feels seek.and sometime , she has bad mood. perhaps it’s neurontin??
      what’s the difference whith gbs ans cidp???when I read articles on the site , I don’t see what is different… who can explain me please???
      thanks for all.
      aurélie

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Physiotherapy sais la therapy pour te aidez a marcher si une personne a des probleme a marche ou grouille sais bras ou sais jambres.

CIDP sai quand apres 8 semaine si une persone rempire a place de devenir mieux sa peux etre CIDP. Avec GBS apres 8 semaine tu sais le plus pire a etait faite au corps. Mais CIDP je peu rempirer a place de regagnez mai force. La maladie fini pas des fois faire du domage au corps. Mai si ta fille va ecole sa veux dire qu’elle va mieux. Ca sais bon pour elle.

Excuse mais mot j’ecris pas souvant en francais. Parlez oui mais pas ecrire

L’aisse nous d’autre nouvelle.

Bye

Sue

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 5:12 am

thank you sue , et ton français est bon et très compréhensible. c’est très gentil d’utiliser ma langue pour dialoguer!!!
      je te souhaite plein de courage pour le cidp!!
      today cassandre goes at swimming pool for a balnéotherapie (I don’t know if it’s english!!!) it’s physiotherapie in watter.
      yesterday I could see that her left arm and leg recover faster than the rights.
      we hope that in few weeks she will stand on her two legs!!!she progress quikly and it’s really visible everyday!
      she had lot of vision’s troubles(double vision, …) and today , her eyes are fine!!!
      we will see the neurologist on march the 5st, for a nerve testing at the hospital (chu du kremlin bicêtre)
      I could see the ivig price on the forum!!it’s amazing!!!!!
      in france, we pay anything . everything is payed by the governement, and when I see the price, ouahhhhouu!!!!
      I hope that is not too difficult for all and I wish you to feel good!!!
      more and more thank you
      aurélie