new members…

• March 3, 2007 at 5:15 pm

I posted this in the adult forum as well…

New members that had children or knew children who got GBS since July 2006.

When (month and year)?

How (if known)?

State/country?

thanks 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Mason July 21 2006
      Alabama
      5 yrs old

• March 4, 2007 at 1:38 am

thanks trish!

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 4:31 am

cassandre, gbs since 01/01/2007
      france, near paris.
      6 years old
      🙂

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 7:44 am

Axonal form of GBS since 2-7-07
      following a severe bout of flu which began 2-2-07
      Cincinnati, Ohio
      11 yrs old

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 8:22 am

Kimberly , six years old at onset 6/23/06, now seven years old

Cause is unkown

Phoenixville, Pa …treated at Children’s Hospital of PA

• March 5, 2007 at 8:51 am

Kevin is ten years old
      Dx. 10/06
      We are still working on the dx aidp or cidp
      Currently 3-3-06 we are having a residual flare up (aidp)
      or cidp is back.

• Anonymous
      March 12, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Caitlyn was 14 yrs. old
      She was Diagnosed Aug. 2007
      New Bedford, Ma.

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2007 at 8:10 am

Abby is 10 years old
      diagnose with CIDP at 3 1/2 in 1999
      IVIG for 3 years then flared up about Aug. – Sept. and started IVIG again in Oct. 2006
      They say a stomach virus
      Treated at Mayo, Emory and Washington Univ. in St. Louis
      We live North of Chicago, Il

• March 14, 2007 at 12:03 pm

thank you so much for your posts. I will include your families in my prayers and send hope for a full recovery.

HUGS!
      Lori

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Monica 22yrs dx 2/07 Charlotte,MI no known cause

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Abby
      Age 4
      Diagnosised October 6, 2006
      Bowling Green OH
      had a slight cause of pneumonia
      now walks with walker

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Tucker age 20 months
      diagnosed GBS 9/22/07
      17 month old
      Cause unknown
      (doing wonderfully)

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2007 at 5:05 pm

Brady- 7 yrs old
      12/7/07
      Unknown cause
      Phoenix, Az

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Abby Bauleke
      5 year old
      diagnosed august 2006

axonal type
      also, has leukemia

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2008 at 11:51 am

Khane is 6 1/2 months
      Nov-2006 he was diagnosed
      pnemonia(sp)
      we live in Iowa

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2008 at 12:07 am

My daughter was diagnosed with GBS on Jan. 10.2008 as a result of a respiratory infection in mid December. We spent 5 days at Blank Children’s Hospital and had 1 series of IVIG treatments. She was doing well and released after 5 days with weekly PT. We are now headed back to our Pediatric Neurologist tomorrow as she is weakened in her legs again and PT isn’t helping. She caught a cold 2 weeks ago and they say that caused her set back. Lauren is 3 1/2 years old.
      Jen
      Carroll County,Iowa

• March 9, 2008 at 2:10 pm

I am sorry you had to find us like this. Your daughter is in my prayers.
      Getting sick while recovering from GBS is hard on the body. When I have gotten a cold or the flu, I feel weak and tingly and awful. She is so new to this that I am not even sure she has reached the recovery stage of GBS quite yet. I learned the hard way that rest is essential or the body will complain and make ya rest. Maybe for now it would be best to let daily activities be her PT and start the real PT in a month or two? It really does sound like her little body is being asked to do too much too soon.

I’ll add ya to my map and my prayer list.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Hillary, dx age 3
      Lansing, MI
      Caused by virus

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Wow! And this is most likely just a small tiny number listed in here right now. Think about those that don’t have computers or even get online. And some that never come to these sites! Or the ones that died as a result never mentioned in here at all! Makes you wonder what is causing this to happen! I hate seeing children getting sick! That and my pets for they don’t know how to tell us how bad they really feel. It breaks my heart! Totally breaks my heart. So young and yet having problems like this and can’t even enjoy their childhood. My husband had a niece that ended up at The Children Hospital of Philadelphia. When we went to go see her and saw all these children there in bad shape because of early onset illness. I was shocked at what I saw. Something normal folks that never experience really never see unless they take the visit into a hospital like that. Then it really hit’s you and you just don’t understand how this could happen to someone so small. You see it on TV alot in commercials but would really have to visit the place first hand to see the real thing.

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Kellee
      6 years old 12/18/2008
      unknown :confused:
      Montana

• March 30, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Hi akker,
      Welcome. Have you posted anywhere else? My son was 10, coincidentally his birthday is 12/18.
      Dawn kevies mom

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Hi Akker,
      Welcome to the forum. Dawn will be a great help when it comes to the children. Give your little one a hug from all of us and stay close to the forum, it will be a wealth of information and sometimes a place to celebrate and to vent.

Take care

• Anonymous
      April 3, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Hi, Thank you for your replies. I did not know about this forum untill i started a web site of my own to help speard the word about GBS.([url]http://www.akkerfoundation.com)[/url]. We are going on our 5th month of this and things are moving slow for her. We have had our share of ups and downs along the way. I’d write all the detail, but it would be about 2 days of reading. Our biggest problem was finding info on GBS, One day she was fine and out playing and the next she could not walk, I had NO idea that GBS was out there and that it would not only change her life (our lifes) in such a way that things may never be the same for her.:( We go to the Hospital 4 times a week and spend hours in OT and PT. She is now just out of her wheel chair and learning to walk again. When we where in the Denver Childrens hospital they told me that she would be in the wheel chair for 6 months or longer. So for the most part she is doing better then we thought she would. Six month before all this happened she was attack by a pitbull and i thought at that time that was going to be the worst thing that would happen to her, in her life time. Was i so wrong! Some mornings she goes though such pain that it just breaks my heart to see her that way. She keeps up a good fight and is moving forward. We have gone though some setbacks, of her gettin the flu or the bug, and she is a fighter and continues on.

The things that keep running though my mind is why? I don’t understand how such a thing can happen to someone. When, if ever this will be over for her? Will it return and if it does when? Does anyone fully recover or will GBS be part of her life for ever? Doctors can’t answer my Questions they just don’t know.

Thanks, Akker

P.S. If any one could help by adding any and all info on GBS to my website. I’m not sure where the site will go but it’s what i thought I should be doing, To help spread the word about GBS. The more info that is out there for people to get help the better. The site is in the early steps i’ve still got alot of work to do. So come Join and help if you can.

• April 3, 2009 at 10:17 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2009 at 10:40 am

Kaden – 7 yrs old
      March 2009
      Southeast Texas