needing to vent or maybe sobb…

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Hey everyone, im usualy a very positive poster, so plz bare with me.

for thoes of u not fermiliar with my case i got gbs in 2006 just before my 18 birthday, was in hospital for 4 months then a spinal corde rehab another 5. iv been home since then and have had a SLOW but steady recovery. i still use a wheelchaior for long distances and on days where i just dont seem to get enouph sleep. i have NO sensation hpot cold sharp or dull.

NOW that, thats been said. I normaly can handle things iv addapted to my limitations. i have the most amazing and supportive family and my boyfriend is BEYOND understanding. he doesent get upset when we have to cancel plans because i dont have the energy, or dont feel well. he doesent let me see his disapointment that we cant take part in all the activities our couple friends do, (eg. amusment parks, go toss a frizby, play some basketball) i just get upset that i cant do all the fun stuff i want. im frustrated that im having to deal with the problems of an old lady at 22 doc appointments sore and aching body, only gpoing places that are fully accesable. i didnt ask for this crap! i didnt do anything to deserve this is so UNFAIR i just wanna screem… or cry or both. i guess im having one of thoes why ME days.

my bf always reasurews me im a strong woman and he doesent know how i do it.. it’s nice to here, but it doesent change the fact im TIRED of it all..

thanks for listining everyone, tomorrow will be brighter

• April 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

hey synthia

we all have these days and I hope you get back to you.

stay cool:cool:

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2011 at 8:31 pm

[COLOR=”SeaGreen”][SIZE=”2″]Hi Synthia.
      You deserve to yell and be fed up. It will get better and does get better but at times it is so DAMN SLOW.
      In my beliefs there is reasons for every thing. You have a wonderful support group and a LOVEING B/F and do as I did, Gave thanks that it was not worse. Rest is normal and look every day for a new sign of change. If you take 10 steps say next time I will do 11. You show GBS who is boss. I have you in my prayers and for my great spirits blessings be with you (Lakoda)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• April 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

Synthia: Don’t feel any guilt about being angry. You have a right to be angry. But do not let it hang around because it’s no good for your immune system. Don’t look back, just look forward. Focus on making progress. Continue your therapy as an outpatient if you can to stay in shape. Rest is important because there is only so much gas in the tank each day for GBS patients. Limit your activity and try to match it to your strength that day. You have friends here who know what you are going through. Take one day at a time. Today, I am going out to a doctor’s appointment. It will take me over an hour to get ready when I used to get out the door in fifteen minutes before. I hate this illness, but I will not let it defeat me. Keep your chin up.

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2011 at 7:58 am

thanks everyone this week is alot better just had a day or two i couldt handle the emotional baggage that comes along with this wonderfull disease. but im up and kicking butt again with a big smile:D thats for ur support.

• April 18, 2011 at 8:58 am

atta girl, keep it up!

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Synthia, it is tough, no doubt about it. Wish I had some words of wisdom, but all I can offer is empathy and comforting. I understand because I too have limitations that I did not have before and I get angry, sad, etc. But I put one foot in front of the other and keep going because what is the alternative? We have people that love us and depend on us. I just hold onto hope that one day things will be better or if not, not worse and that I can continue to cope. It is very unfair…..what helps me sometimes is watching all these crazy shows, like on TLC, and seeing people who have it so much worse, yet they keep going with a positive attitude. I think, boy, if he/she can do it, what am I whining about? But you are allowed a pity party at any time!! Hang in there….

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2011 at 11:21 pm

thanks jessicah, i agree with you it could be way worse and TLC is an eye opener. im on an emotional roller coster right now with an addded cold. and blatter infection seems to play ping pong with my emotions lol lack of sleep and added pain i guess. lol …. but still smiling STAY STRONG

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2011 at 11:12 am

This one TLC show that I came in partway on was showing a woman who was paralyzed and in a wheelchair. She was bedridden a lot of the time. She had a young son and she said that she kept going for him. I don’t know if she was paralyzed when she had him or subsequent. She had a lot of stomach issues, cdiff, etc. and other problems. She went and got permanent makeup because she said that it was important to still look good. She was trying to do online dating and went out for her 40 bday with her girlfriends to a mexican restaurant and was hopeful that she was going to meet someone someday. I thought, boy, if that isn’t a positive attitude, what is? It really makes a difference. Just think about strong you are, how far you have come and you can keep on doing it. Hang in there sister!

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2011 at 12:01 am

ur post made me smile i really appreciate the support ! i love the friends iv found on here thank u i honestly cant put into words how happy its made me knowing other people out there care enouph to take 5-10 min to read what i have to post and answer me bak 😮 people who dont even know me have taken an intrest in my well bneing . were a comunity and a family. as ur here for me i will be here for u!