Need new doctor

    • Anonymous
      December 6, 2006 at 10:59 am

      I have been with my Neurologist for the past nine months. His treatments have taken me to walking with a walker, now learning on a cane. I have drop foot in both feet, and numbness in many fingers. I still go to PT>BUT my Doctor is no longer with the hospital. (Long nasty story). I am now looking for another neruologist with GBS/CIDP experience. Any suggestions in the Sioux City Iowa, Norfolk, Ne. or Sioux Falls, SD area? Would appreciate any help, I am really panicky as I will need a IVIG treatment after the 1st of the year. I was getting them at Alvera Sacred Heart Hospital infusion room in Yankton SD, but no neurologist anymore.

    • Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 11:13 am

      Have you tried any of these things??
      1. Call our foundation to see if they can recommend a doctor.
      2. Look at the doctor referral on Neuropathy Association, you may have to join.
      3. Do a doctor search through webmd
      4. Call or find a web site for university hospitals in your area for doctor referrals.
      5. Ask your family doctor if he/she can order the meds you need for awhile so you can try home infusions. Will give you time to find a neurologist so you won’t do without.
      6. If there’s no other way until you have another doctor, find out if you can be admitted to emergency room for infusions/meds.

    • Anonymous
      December 7, 2006 at 6:13 pm

      Thank you LIZ for you help. I have finally worked things out, found a Neuro. in Sioux City about 65 miles. I can arrange to get my IVIG at the Clinic here in Yankton. My family Doctor approved the infusion for Jan. Thank you so much for your tips. Regina