Mystery Diagnosis on Miller Fisher Syndrome

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I just watched Mystery Diagnosis on the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). The second story is about a person who has Miller Fisher Syndrome. I diagnosed it almost right from the beginning. This man got sick while his wife was expecting their 4th child. She was 7 months pregnant at the time.
      What clued me to the diagnoses was he fact he had signs of CIDP like I do but he had the double vision. The show was well done because it explained everything in a way that everybody could understand.

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2011 at 12:28 pm

[QUOTE=suewatters1]I just watched Mystery Diagnosis on the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). The second story is about a person who has Miller Fisher Syndrome. I diagnosed it almost right from the beginning. This man got sick while his wife was expecting their 4th child. She was 7 months pregnant at the time.
      What clued me to the diagnoses was he fact he had signs of CIDP like I do but he had the double vision. The show was well done because it explained everything in a way that everybody could understand.

Sue[/QUOTE]

That’s very cool, I’m glad that they covered it. Mystery Diagnosis did a half-hour on my story regarding GBS, it first aired back in December 2007…it was also the second part of the episode. It featured a computer-animated description/explination of GBS that was nicely done. I still use it sometimes to show friends that have GBS questions~!