Muscle twitching

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2006 at 1:01 pm

Hello again,

I was diagnosed with GBS about 3 months ago, I am not 100% better yet. Although I have made a very speedy recovery. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of muscle twitching??? It is very irritating, and my muscles twitch all day and night long. Some days are worse than others. I get it a lot with the muscles around my eyes. But last night was weird, the muscles in my stomach started going. Should I be concerned about all of this non-stop twitching? Is it normal? I also noticed that my muscles don’t seem to be doing that great lately. They feel so weak and shaky. Is this suppose to happen? I was doing so well.

Thanks
      <333 angee

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2006 at 5:06 pm

Hey I know what you mean about the twitching I had gbs about 5 years ago and my muscles would twitch for a while (when my stomache twitched it would tickle and noone believed me) neways getting to the point… I noticed it when I was really tired.. u might be trying to do to much to fast but I never really found a way to stop it, it just sortta stopped happening so often….sorry i cant be more help but @ least ur not the only one!

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2006 at 6:18 pm

Hi Angee,

I had muscle twitching and sometimes felt like my body was vibrating when I was in the beginning stages of my recovery from GBS. Mine went away, and since you are early in your recovery, I’m guessing the same will happen for you.

Best wishes for your quick recovery.

• August 9, 2014 at 6:32 am

Harmless muscle twitches are muscle contractions that are brought on by thirst, nutritional deficiency, muscle fatigue, or anxiety. Too much use of caffeine or prolonged use of drugs such as diuretics, corticosteroids, or estrogen might also be causal factors. Such instinctive contractions often happen in the eyelids or calf muscles.

• September 19, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I had GBS as a teen. The twitching gradually subsided for me. However, I still get them on occasion. I recall being awakened at night by leg twitching a few times a year well up into my 30’s, maybe 40’s. I don’t recall that happening lately. I agree with BrittBratt above in that it seems to be tied to overdoing it.

• February 12, 2017 at 7:06 am

My muscles twitches endlessly when recovering with GBS, my face, under my breasts, my stomach etc. When I told my neurologist he didn’t believe me, said it had no link to GBS *hmmm* however, could it have been linked to fatigue caused by GBS?! Who knows…

• April 26, 2019 at 4:32 am

On 26th of February 2019, I was diagnosed with GBS. I got proper treatment and in 2 months I am almost recovered. But last few days I m feeling twitching/fasciculation of muscle all over the body occasionally. It got worse when I try to get some rest. Well initially I was so scared and anxious, then I found this page and get relieved by seeing many of them…. It’s very helpful for me…. God bless all of you.