Mr. Rogers’ New Neighborhood

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 1:36 am

Hi urban renewal has occurred and Mr. Rogers has a brand new neighbor hood. Right here. I need a volunteer fire department. ANd I probably need a mayor too. 🙂

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 1:36 am

Wasn’t there a chat room here?

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 2:01 am

I think I will need a movie theater too

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 10:25 am

Construction has started on the new public elementary school

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 10:54 am

May I be mayor?

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 5:13 pm

Dear Mr. Rogers:

I am sorry to tell you this, but do you have the Conditions of Approval (form 23-454672-A) from the county planning department? You can’t just build a town any where you want to. What would happen if everyone decided to just build a town any place they wanted to? It would almost be like America before the governments took over and ruined everything. Do you think you can do what you want to on the land you own? If we didn’t have proper land use laws, we would be just that much closer to anarchy. Do you know how bad that would be? Well, neither do I, but that is besides the point. The point is the purpose of our government is to prevent everyone from doing anything. So cease and desist all of this subversive activity or we will have to get really nasty about this. Just play by the rules and everything will be fine. Just drink the purple Cool-Aid.

Yours truly,

A mindless cog in the bureauacracy

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Dear Mr. Spurgeon,

We have authorization to build on our land, its called a treaty. It has been codified in US code 18-1163-5a-3. Mr. Rogers Neighborhood is a dependent indigenous community of the sovreign band of GBSFI Natives. GBSFI Natives possess a world wide culture with its own distinct tribal rituals. Some rituals are, but not limited to IVIG, Plasma pherisis. GBSFI Natives are indigenous to this planet.

I think I need legal representation too. Mr. Spurgeon you can be our legal counsel.:eek:

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 7:26 pm

I think your title shall be “District Attorney” Spurgeon!:p

• Anonymous
      January 8, 2007 at 7:30 pm

After careful consideration and intensive winnowing down of all qualified candidates, the the executive committe of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood Development Association has delared VMC to be mayor by proclamation.

Congratulations Mayor VMAC on your successful campaign. I realize millions of dollars and many elk lives were lost during your campaign, but the end justifies the means doesent it?

Long live Mayor VMAC!:cool:

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2007 at 12:08 am

🙂 It has come to the attention of the Supreme Counsel of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood that similar international case law exists for the recognition of a state. Please see the history of “Sealand” a residence located outside of the three mile boundarys of England, and within the twelve mile boundary. A court in England has determined it had no jurisdiction there.:confused:

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2007 at 12:39 am

Are there any IVleague schools in this Neighborhood?:)

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2007 at 1:07 am

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood already exists right near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! It is under the rule of King Friday XIII. I am sure with all their patents and copyrights you well be in a severe legal battle in the Court of Make Beleive! I suggest that you avoid any further fines, fees and court costs by renaming your kingdom. No one has been pardoned or exonerated from the legal binding documents that are on file at our court house and also can be find in the Smithonian in the pocket of the Royal Cardigan Sweater! I suggest that all documents be Notorized by X The Owl and rather than use Registered Mail the delivery service of Mr. McFeely would be appropiate! All forms should be filled out and deliever the Orginal to King Friday XIII. Also copies should be given to the rest of the royal family in pure gold ink.

Queen Sara Saturday
      Lady Elaine Fairchilde
      Prince Tuesday

The following members of the community will be your jury if you decise to go on with this hopeless law suit.

Handyman Negri Will reside over the court room and serve as Judge
      Cornflake S. Pecially is head of the City Planning Committee
      Daniel Striped Tiger Has a copy of all the Kingdom rules and laws
      Donkey Hodie is the Clerk of Courts
      Dr. Bill Platypus is head of the Zoning Committee
      Edgar Cooke is the District Attorney
      Grandpere Is our County Treasure
      Henrietta Pussycat is our Animal Control Officer
      Neighbor Aber also is the Municipal Waste Management Officer
      Chef Brockett can make a great lunch if requested
      François Clemmons share the job of Wardon of the Jail with
      Robert Troll who is also the Truent Officer

See you in the Land of Made Mistakes…..Beleive it or NOT!

Trolley rides are available the day of your hearing!

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2007 at 2:59 am

By Proclamation of the Mayor.

I hearby proclaim that Mr. Rogers, our founder to be the constitutional monarch of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. By tribal rule, and as Mayor, I also hereby proclaim that Lee Spurgeon is the legal representative, known as the legal eagle.

Mr. Rogers..
      Do we need Rocky Mountain or Roosevelt elk hides for our ceremonial robes?

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2007 at 3:00 am

It was recently reported that a sister city existed in the great state of Pennsylvania.

Upon further investigation by the staff of “The Jolly Rogers” , the city paper of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, it was found that the site mentioned and presented in an earlier post is in fact an insane asylum.

Among the many residents of this same asylum are individuals who claims to be Captain Kangaroo, Joe Pa and President Bush. It would all be quite comical except that Bush keeps deploying his troops to the womens bath room to protect the kurds. The resident Bush has a problem distinguishing between the letters K and T. I dont know why, it may just be a weakness of the citizens of this region of Pennsylvania. :p

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2007 at 3:05 am

I think it would depend on the time of winter and the quality of the hide. Most elk inhabiting the rocky mountains possess great winter hides.

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2007 at 9:08 pm

So what form of Government does this new neighborhood, city or state propose? Think about a true democracy. Focused on the individual not the state, city or neighborhood. Now is the time to ask what will this adventure really be about and were will it lead? Getting better is an effort not luck.

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2007 at 6:57 am

Did I miss the name of this neighbouthood\town\city? Lake Woebegone is taken!

No matter what the name is\will be, I’m the resident Norwegian! _ Do I have to have a visa or green card? Do I have to be politically vetted?

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2007 at 11:57 pm

There was a heck of an ice storm in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Thank you for the good wishes. Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood has just been returned electrical power back on. It feels like christmas to have the power back on after all this time. Its been six days. Mr. Trolley froze up on the rails and couldnt maintain adequate pressure.

It has been cold but we have been lucky. Mr. Roger’s bought propane and a propane heater at the corner store. Mr Owl and Mr Cat were cooking on the grill at the trolley station dock. There is also a stram flowing through Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Mr. Owl got buckets of water out of it and we heated that up. Mr. Cat also got buckets of water for the cattle and sheep. Mr. Owl and Mr. Cat really did a great job. Im so proud of them.

It felt pretty cold but the Owl and the Cat worked their tails off. They were out side doing things so the other inhabitants of Mr. Roger’s neighborhood could survive. A lot of animals abandoned their homes. Mr Rooster froze to death. That was the guidance on the power companies 800 number. “We advise you to seek other shelter”. I’m sure many animals are coming back to damaged homes. The Owl kept a candle going in the well house and underneath the house in the access space to ensure that the plumbing did not freeze. And it did not freeze. We were ready as soon as the power came back on.

It was so cold we had to pull start the trolley every day for the past few days to start it. I think the battery might have been damaged by the cold. But they learned how to do that to. Mr. Owl s my right hand man there. Mr Cat has been watering the pigs and going up on the ridge to break ice for the calves up there. There are places out side of Mr Roger’s neighborhood that may not get power for 30 to 60 days they say. It was so cool. The have apparently been crews coming in from other neighborhoods. I heard there were a thousand crews out around the McAlester Oklahoma area alone. A couple of days ago we made it out of here and were going into town for supplies. We passed a small army of utility and tree cutting vehicles heading up towards the ridge leading into the spring creek Terisita area.

It was also pretty neat last night when we met some tree cutting crews from asplundah getting to work on our property andwhere our cattle are grazing. The foreman for that group said to me “There are animals out here who arent going to get power for a couple of weeks……but Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood isn’t one of them. I think you will have power tonight or tomorrow”. Pretty good guess. I never would have believed it after seeing all the damage out here. It looks like a frozen hurricane hit this place.

Well anyway, thanks for thinking of us, Im really certain it helped. The smaller animals thought we were camping out in the living room,…. child hood can be kind of nice in its innocence, but it was stressful wondering how far we could stretch to take care of the family.

It was just too cold and treacherous. Many many tress froze and cracked and fell. It sounded like rifles and firworks being set off.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 12:00 am

Allaug, it has been pondered on a great deal, and in the end, it was decided, that given your great talent for surviving in cold weather, that you would be granted resident status and named as winter social director. What this job entails, we have no idea, But it sounds important.:o

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 12:43 am

Glad to see you are alright there Mr. Rogers. i missed your postings. i think you need to go visit the tavern and sit by the fireplace for a spell and warm the innerds with a few drinks. take care.

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Winter Social Director sounds great! I love winter – and I have a doctor’s certificate on being a Social Animal!

Just lay it on me, folks!

• January 21, 2007 at 6:41 am

Oh please, please, please let me have a job! In my former life as a hard rock miner I learned how to run really great heavy equipment : dosers, loaders and the like. No one needs to know you can’t run heavy euipment on drugs but then in your nieghborhood maybe it would be a good thing?

• Anonymous
      January 21, 2007 at 6:19 pm

😎
      As Winter Social Director by the Powers thereby invested in me I hereby declare you – Herself – as Head Snow Remover Machine Director in Chief with Your Cat as Second in Command.

Ceep our roads clean so we can socialize more easily!:D

Good luck and lots of snow!

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 12:54 am

Congratulations on your recent appointment! LOL this is the wild west. We dont care if your on drugs. LOL. It just means we will have a little more road each time you swerve. LOL:D

• January 22, 2007 at 7:49 am

I thank you and himself thanks you, it’s about time he was a productive member of my house hold. We’re dealing with about 6-8 inches of snow here so I’ve got the pratice. I promise to keep it on the road. My mom will be so proud!

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 9:07 am

Some one some where will definitely be proud of you!:D

• Anonymous
      January 22, 2007 at 6:18 pm

You may remove any kind of “snow” any way you want LOL!

• January 23, 2007 at 8:15 am

Will have to find Himself the cat some little mittens and cap, he won’t go out in the winter.

• Anonymous
      January 23, 2007 at 3:32 pm

So would that be a “Snow Cat”?:confused:

• Anonymous
      January 23, 2007 at 5:47 pm

May I apply for a job in Mr Roger’s neighboorhood.

If you need an artist or a princess I have all the criteria to meet your needs

Sincerly summited by

Ellen

• Anonymous
      January 23, 2007 at 6:36 pm

Ellen: Princess Snowflake!

May The Snow be with you!

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2007 at 8:40 am

Thanks Allaug , I would love being the Snow Flake Princess

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2007 at 11:05 am

I’m looking around for the right kind of house to buy and then I’m going to open a PET SITTING SERVICE, hey HERSELF, do you sometimes need a petsitter for HIMSELF. I love animals and I can go up and down the streets in my power chair to walk them, I’ll even use a “pooper scooper”. They’ll get kisses and belly rubs and anything they want to eat and you’ll get fat cats and dogs back. I SPOIL MY BABIES.

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Hi Ellen,

It’s so good to see you back posting again. How you doing girlfriend? 🙂

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 9:00 am

Hey Liz!

Just what I needed for the week-end – a “cat-sitter” for Mosse Caramel, to feed her tunafish and rub her belly! (Don’t bring your dogs, though!:eek: )

New York and Norway are not so far apart – at least alphabetically:D

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 11:27 am

Hi Neighbor Allaug,
      MOSSE is welcome as a guest and mosse will get plenty of tuna and belly rubs:D The dogs will have their own house.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 8:53 pm

I need one of those belly rubs LOL:D

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Maybe it will snow:D

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 9:14 am

The Cats And Dogs Will Give The People Belly Rubs Lol

• January 28, 2007 at 9:18 am

It’s almost impossible to find a catsitter for himself, his attitude isn’t very good, I’ve depleted my supply of nieces and nephews. The only treat himself will eat is cantalope and I ‘ll bring plenty. You’re a God Send!!!

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Can I be the Neighborhood SnowAngel?:) I love playing in the snow!
      liz, my Henry loves to play catch with snowballs when he losses his tennis ball in the snow-can he take a nap on the bed with you?

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 10:58 am

Yes, Cheryl, you are hereby appointed our Snow Angel, vertically as well as horizontally. We will always look for you after a new snow-fall! You’ll be in all our gardens and on the roofs and in the fields.:) 🙂

Who is game enough to be Rudolph? And what kind of game should it be besides reindeer? Snow-hop-schotch?:D

[IMG]http://www.gbs.org.uk/iB_html/uploads/post-2-31110-28_3_5.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 8:58 am

This community is growing and having fun. Enjoy each day.

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 2:43 am

Yes it is. No taxes. No Homeles. Unless you count Lee Spurgeon.:)

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 10:44 am

Dear Mr. Rogers:

Me? Homeless? No way! I got a box. I got a minivan. What more could one guy ask for?

Lee

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Dear Mr.Rogers,
      I cooked for 20 years in my former life.Could you use a chef in your neighborhood?I will be homeless if I don’t find a job soon…I promise not to braise Rudolph if hired.Thank you for your consideration…

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 11:10 pm

I still have my Citroen Deux Chevaux want to race?

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2007 at 5:16 pm

Very good what you said about Rudolph, Lesa, we will of course just embrace him and play games with him;) !

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 1:39 pm

What is the alternative to the super bowl in Mr. Roger’s New Neighborhood?

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2007 at 12:18 am

Mr.Rogers,
      I’m writing to see if you have considered my resume for a chef’s position? Don’t folks in your new neighborhood get hungry? I suppose I could start out as the “bottle washer” if you have no open positions.
      I understand you have an opening for a RUDOLPH,but don’t think I’m qualified since I’m female.Are any other positions open?I’m a very hard worker!
      Sincerely,

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 2:46 pm

What’s up in the Neighborhood?

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 12:02 am

Is anyone watching the Anna Nicole news in the neighborhood?

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 2:57 am

Snowangels are being made as we speak!:D (since i can’t get down on the ground-or up for that matter, my JoJo is helping me)

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2007 at 4:41 pm

Holay, Mr. Rogers Neigborhood has fallen into disrepair. WHere the heck is urban renewal when you need it?

• July 9, 2007 at 7:00 am

I’ve traded in my snow plow for a D-9 Dozer and a Grader, working on keeping the roads nice so you can go on holiday. In my spare time I’m watching the garden grow. I think I went a little heavy handed with the mircle-gro for the tomato plants are about as tall as me. Once again I’ll be trying to pawn off produce to anyone I can:D . Did you know there are purple bell peppers?

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2007 at 11:40 am

Hey,
      HERSELF can open up a veggie stand and call it “help YOURSELF”!

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2007 at 3:32 pm

There you go herself! Good Job Cody stanley!

• July 10, 2007 at 7:25 am

No mice at my stand with Himself the cat on watch!

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2007 at 1:04 am

that cat is sure bust these days.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Anybody going to the golf Course today?

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 1:17 am

Not the Golf Course for me, but maybe off to market on the repaired roads. Thanks for all the work getting the Neighborhood back in shape.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 12:37 pm

Going golfing today, anyone want to join my tee time.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 5:01 pm

I would love to, JEF -but it would be my first tee time, so you’ll have to show\teach me! I’ve always wanted to go golfing – I think I could be good at it!

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2007 at 11:58 pm

Let’s meet at the tee and see what we can learn. I need help too.

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2007 at 4:56 am

Mr. Rogers loves hunting them golfs …and then beating the daylights out of them with them clubs. LOL

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2007 at 11:45 pm

Sounds like Mr. Rogers wants to join us. He may need some help too!

• July 21, 2007 at 7:37 am

I’ll learn to play the game if I can drive the little cart!

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 2:10 pm

Well, here we all are at the tee. Thanks all, I play first, What a drive 350 yards at least. Who is next?

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 2:59 pm

I’m next! I line up the ball, swing the club, the ball narrowly misss the swinging windmill blades, goes into the clowns mouth, slides down the chute towards the volcano. The ball rising to the edge of the volcano, teeters at the rim, loses momentum, and slowly rolls backwards, heads back into the chute, back out the clowns mouth, through the windmill where it is hit by a swinging blade back into the parking lot. A garbage truck rolls by the golf course and pinches the ball with it’s passenger side front tire, shooting the ball off into a cornfield. Hot Damn! That was my best shot this year! At least no one died.

I’d mulligan this one but it’s not like I’m a former president or something. I’m going to need a driver just to get back to the golf course.

• July 28, 2007 at 7:49 am

She goes up, she aims, she misses the ball. Next.

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 2:18 pm

With shaking knees and a pounding heart, I mosey over to the tee – take the first and best club, try to envisage in my mind TV footage of Tiger Woods and “Tutta”, the Norwegian upcoming golf star, place the little white ball on the small spike stuck into the grass, steady my knees, put my feet in what I think may be the right position, bend the knees I’m now in full control of, swing the club backwards over my right shoulder and put all my strenght in the down-forward motion that I’ve been waiting for all my life – and there: I can feel the wonderful shiver up my arms that tells me I’ve hit something!!!!:cool:

But dear friends; what did I hit:confused: I’m on the verge of passing out from the experience of just swinging a golf-club – please 😮 help me!!

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2007 at 3:15 pm

I cross the highway and start chasing after my ball. It’s a good thing I thought ahead and wore my track shoes. I come to a low wire fence and see my ball just a few yards past the fence. I step over the fence into the cornfield, unfortunately, the edges of the cornfield were freshly ploughed and my one foot begins to sink into the soft dirt. I say unfortunately because, upon closer examination, I notice a row of insulators holding up the top wire of the fence. Maybe the electricity isn’t flowing today, I hope. I discovered that the electricity was indeed flowing with a jolting charge in the nether regions. “ZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!” said the fence as I jumped 15 feet into the air. My golf club went an additional 25 feet into the air, which would normally be an insignificant detail except for that low flying helicopter providing news coverage of a garbage truck collision with a school bus and a family of baby ducks. My golf clubs were cut into hundreds of sub-standard length mini-clubs by the helicopters tail rotor.

Luckily, I landed next to dead corn snake. The head of the snake was just the right shape, the length of the snake was just about right, and the snake was right-handed as well. Did the ancient Scotts quibble about what was or wasn’t a legal golf club? No, I think not. So I will do no quibbling as well. I lined up the ball, wiggled my butt, and swung hard enough to make it back onto the fairway. Unfortunately, the snake really wasn’t dead after all, but was merely doing his yoga routine. The snake, seeing the ball rush at his face at high speed, did what he could to protect his face and grabbed the ball in his mouth, spitting it out on the backswing and sending the ball in the opposite direction, over the hill and into a quails nest. With the ball laying 1,700 yards from the fairway, I’m going to need to find me a bigger snake.

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2008 at 2:33 am

Mr. Rogers is back for a brief visit. He has been in mexico existing under an assumed name in the Mexican witness protection program.

What the heck is up “The miraculous Lee Spurgeon”?

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2008 at 11:31 am

Hey Ranger Rogers:

It’s good to hear from you again. Me and my wife, Colleen were just talking about you the other day. Do we have some sort of psychic link or what?

Anyways, Colleen was diagnosed with one of the nastier forms of breast cancer in September. I have been spending a great deal of time and energy helping her through chemotherapy and surgeries while trying to keep the family together and functioning. I know, what a buzzkill.

I hope everything is good with you and your family.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2008 at 8:01 am

Anyone know the outcome of the Golf Game, I went to sleep on the 5th.

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 1:11 am

Wow Lee,

I haven’t looked on here in a while. How is your dear wife doing?

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 1:10 am

Lee hit a homer in the 9th;)

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 10:10 am

Mr Rogers:

My wife is doing pretty well. She has gotten done with four surgeries which put 14 holes in her, 6 chemotherapy treatments and her hair is growing back, she has four medical tattoos, and she starts radiation treatment next week. If she stays cancer free than it will all be worth it.

How’s your lovely wife and children doing?

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Dear Lee,

I’m sorry your dear wife and your family is going through that struggle buddy. My prayers are with you.

Hang in there buddy. Give your wife a good hug from me.