Movie recommendation

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Victor (ask Debi for references) and I are going to movies tomorrow night. We’ve eliminated DaVinci, chick flicks and animated movies from our list.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 8:58 pm

No movie suggestion, but I need to stay away from the public until I am off of my steroids. ๐Ÿ˜ก 1 more week.:mad: Could possibly wind up doing something very bad to someone who might piss me off. Again the “Family Secrets of Sicily” would have to be used.;)

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 9:03 pm

Poor Victor. I started 65 mg of steroids last week and am down to 35/day. Talk at 1000 mph and am moving furniture with one hand. Does the public deserve me? No.

Storm warnings from NY/NJ area might be result of Brandy and I matching steroid stories.

Regards,
      The Lady in Waiting to the Queen of Sicily

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Going to eat an entire New York Cheesecake right now. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Damn Marge, I just ordered an Italian Lire charm bracelet from QVC, the show is from Italy right now. Couldn’t help myself. I bought the necklace that matches it about 2 months ago.

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2006 at 5:48 am

Yesterday was a slow day, Brandy. Bought valentine kitchen towels (on sale) to match my red microwave and toaster and pink sneakers (also on sale). Hope the color is right–the yellow sneakers I bought several months ago are really greenish yellow and match absolutely nothing.

Victor wants to go for drinks after the movies. We should be a pretty sight–he’ll be drinking Belgian beer and I’ll be dancing to the tune of my steroids. Look out world.

Love,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2006 at 12:16 pm

God help the barmaid or bartender. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2006 at 10:57 pm

[COLOR=red]Ice Age 2 was funny[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2006 at 11:41 pm

With Marge on steroids I was thinking GOD help Victor if he wears edible underwear.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2006 at 10:15 pm

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2006 at 11:49 pm

I went to see Davinci Code last night and I really thought it was a good movie. That doesnt’ mean that I believe everything they said in the movie, just that it was an enjoyable and interesting movie.. I went to see Poisiden night and enjoyed it also.

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2006 at 9:06 am

My husband got ‘Munich’ from blockbuster for me to watch, which I did, on my own. If anyone is interested in history, or what happened at the ’72 Olympic Games when the Jewish athletes were murdered, then then this one is for you. This covers what happened afterwards as retaliation. Obviously a serious movie. Initially I didnt like the main character, but at the end, WOW, talk about dreamy. ๐Ÿ˜€ Have no idea why, cause usually i dont like those looks. In any case, I did enjoy the movie, and not because of the guy!

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2006 at 11:53 am

walk the line is a good movie if you wanna stay in

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2006 at 8:33 pm

[COLOR=red]how about the ‘Larry the Cable Guy’ movie,”Health Inspector”[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2006 at 5:38 pm

Went to see The Guardian with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. Honestly I wasnt that keen to go, but I did quite enjoy it. As usual a little predictable, but I did shed a tear or two. One thing I did want to mention …. I have never really liked Ashton Kutcher, but I he was absolutely outstanding. If he keeps acting like this, I hope he gets some Oscar rolls coming his way.

I was hoping that someone has gone to see ‘Flags of our Fathers’ and could tell me what they thought. I would really have liked to see it last night, but decided against it for some personal reasons. One of the most enjoyable things for me is to ‘study’ or read about world war II, so any input would be great. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2006 at 11:19 pm

Tonight we went to see Borat ………. Ummmmmmm, ok …….. so tonight we went to see Borat. Is it a recommendation? I guess it is, just go prepared and dont be offended :eek:.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 11:49 am

I saw Flyboys last week. Great movie. See it on the big screen. I loved it.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 5:42 pm

ali, I’d still like to give you all the info i can about WWII, if you like. Just let me know what you are looking for.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 10:24 pm

vic,

My book has come to a screeching halt ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . Just so many things going on at the moment, and the lack of energy. I really should get it going again.

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 9:25 am

Ali, are you writing a WWII book? I’m researching some things for a movie script. What’s your angle?

Anyone seen The Queen?

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 1:45 pm

Ali,
      If you pick things up again, let me know. I’d be glad to help, you know that.;)

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 9:29 pm

v,

I am trying to look at WWII from the perspective of the women left behind, focusing on the UK, US, Holland and possibly Germany. I want to briefly incorporate some of the battles and experiences that the men, relative to these women, have, and show what affect it has, if any, on their lives and the lives of those left at home. Well, that was my thinking in any case. I would so love to speak to women who were touched personally by WWII. A very good friend of mine has an aunt in England who talks about the war all the time, unfortunately I havent been able to go over to talk to her yet …………..

My father-in-law remembers a few things about everyday life in the UK, i.e. food rations, which is what I am looking for – the everyday life scenarios.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 7:28 am

I will talk to my mother again (last weekend was her birthday 86) and write down the story’s she has about herself, her mother who had a really hard time because my grandfather was taken by the germans, and so on. As soon as I have the info, I’ll let you know and send it over.

Tot ziens!

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 9:44 am

Alison,
      One of the women that lives in the same assisted living place as my dad is a Pearl Harbor survivor. She will be the honored guest at a Navy League banquet on 12/07. I’ll try to remember to paraphrase as much as possible what she has to say.

• Anonymous
      November 17, 2006 at 8:08 pm

I thought I had replied … ๐Ÿ˜ฎ sorry, I must have replied in my head … That would really be interesting to hear part of her story firsthand! Thank you!

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2006 at 12:04 am

[B]Ali[/B], perhaps I could contribute, too, from the German side. I lived through WWII, bombing air raides, father drafted in 1943, evacuation with mother and brother to the countryside etc. I was 12 at the end of the war. Let me know if you are interested.

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2006 at 10:20 pm

[B]Norb,[/B] I REALLY am interested to know everything and anything. I have been given really interesting infomation from my father-in-law as well as cidpvic. I was so fired up about this project a year ago, but things have become so hectic at home. At night I lay awake thinking of how to make time to do some research and talk to people ….. and I just dont get around to it. I cant tell you why this subject is so close to my heart, it just feels part of me. I am VERY interested! Thank you.

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 4:33 pm

We saw [B]Borat[/B], too. It must be the weirdest movie I’ve seen in a long time but it felt good to laugh as hard as I did. This movie is rather risque and I would not want to take a chance recommending it. As Ali said earlier, some people might be offended. I just looked at it as a stab at biases and stereotypes found in this country, against Jews, gays, rednecks, prostitutes, born-again christians, Bush, social conventions.
      The movie seems to have quite a following and created a pop culture. Lots of reviews on the web and are several websites dedicated to it including ‘The unofficial borat website’ at ‘www.boratonline.co.uk’ which brings several deleted scenes off YouTube. My son-in-law who works at a major international investment firm told us today that guys at his place get together every day to revisit the movie to talk about the different scenes. My mother-in-law (82) who saw ot with ius just commented that she must have the wrong sense of humor and the movie was probably for guys.

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2006 at 7:44 pm

Norbert,

My husband told me the other day that they college guys in the camper van (or whatever you call it) are suing him because it doesnt show them in a ‘favorable’ light ……. they apparently did sign a waver originally.

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 5:02 pm

[B]Ali[/B], those guys came across pretty convincing, though, exactly like the stereotype ๐Ÿ˜€ I have of some fraternities. I don’t think they had to try very hard playing their roles.

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 6:29 pm

I can’t wait to see Borat. He was on Howard Stern a few weeks ago, and I thought he was so funny.

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 12:11 pm

The Queen was great. It was so well cast. Helen Mirren was perfect.

• Anonymous
      November 30, 2006 at 2:27 am

I took my family to see a movie last week. After a long series of votes on which movie to see, we settled on “Deck The Halls”. This is not the movie you want to take your 4, 7, 9, and 11 year old children too. The sexual over tones were not worthy of a PG rating. This movie should have been PG-13 at best. Ok we’re “prudes” but, ya know what, my kids dont need to see that stuff. We walked out after about ten minutes of the movie. I spent about $45. including the popcorn and drinks, but I felt it was a good lesson for our kids. We went to the Theater Manager and for an additioal $4.00 per ticket, he agreed to give us tickets to “Happy Feet”. Happy Feet was great! This was the last movie I wanted to see but it kept us all entertained the whole time and we all walked out laughing and quoting lines.

TWO THUMBS UP for Happy Feet!

• Anonymous
      November 30, 2006 at 9:45 am

Dave,

Good for you!!!! One of the things I liked about The Queen was its lack of sexuality and profanity. It is possible to make a good movie without it. Saw The Guardian. An excellent film. Finally, the Coasties get some respect. It’s a good “hero” movie to take kids to. These heros are real, and they are out there 24/7 saving our dumb a****.

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2006 at 6:33 pm

Bought my 14 year old daughter ‘The Devil wears Prada’ dvd for Christmas. We have just finished watching it ………. I thouroughly enjoyed it! The humor is great. A good underlying message, and even though its predictable, a relaxing movie.

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Has anyone seen a new movie called Work and the Glory 3?