more questions to educate myself

• August 5, 2006 at 11:44 am

hi all

went to see a dr, got a referral to a neuro finally.

Yesterday I felt a bit out of it…noticed tension adds to it….but felt better yesterday evening for the most part. This morning I am weak again, buzzy, and just want to cry. Is this normal for GBS?? The feeling half way decent and then weak and crummy?

I am so scared I am going to end up in the hospital and am trying like heck to avoid it.

Oh the dr gave me elavil…that made me feel worse!

Help!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 12:48 pm

Hard to say for sure, that is how I am though, it takes me all morning to feel normal and I feel my best at night. I hope you get some relief when you get in and see the Neuro. hopefully it wont take long for you to get an appt.

Jer

• August 5, 2006 at 1:12 pm

thank you Jerimy. I have noticed the same pattern for myself. Some mornings are tougher than others especially if I try and do too much the night before (like last night). Right now I am feeling weak but not quite as bad as earlier.

My mantra has been “Guillain Barre go away!” when I meditate I repeat ” get out of my body get out of my soul, you are not welcome here! Only God and Good things belong here”. Ive noticed I even wake up during the night and say these things.

I will be on the phone with neuro monday morning, hopefully I can get in quickly since I have called so often recently and they are familiar with what is going on.

God bless and good things to you
      Lori

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 4:01 pm

Hi Lori,

Elavil can make you feel worse. When my husband took it, his body never stopped jumping,it just seemed to aggravate his damaged nerves, it was horrible. So the Neuro gave him Neurontin instead, that made him feel less jumpy and helped with his pain.

Some meds just aren’t for everyone, it’s hit and miss when a Dr prescribes a med. Only you know how your body reacts to meds after a day or two. That’s why it’s so important to be your own advocate in your treatments.

Take care Lori 🙂

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 11:13 pm

Hi Lori,
      I’m like Jerimy, mornings are really tough for me to get going. I am definitely much better at night and tend to over due it once I finally get going. Therefore I tend to stay up really late at night and then the next morning I am miserable. Can’t seem to find a happy in between. You’ll learn what affects you more than others.

Take care. Keep us posted.

sherry

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 7:03 am

fom,

rest as much as you can lying down. nerves need inaction to heal. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength