Mononeuritis Multiplex

• June 6, 2012 at 7:56 pm

So, I got a strange phonecall today.. someone from my insurance company called to ask me about my diagnosis of mononeuritis multiplex?? I was confused since I have never been told that I had a diagnosis of that.. everything from my neurologist has always said CIDP.. everyone at the infusion center also tells me that’s what’s all over my paperwork.. Sooo i was caught off guard!! I did have a follow up with my neuro a couple of weeks ago, but was never told that anything had changed and didn’t have any new testing. So I’m wondering where this came from!? There isn’t a lot online that I could find.. anyone know what the main differences are between that and CIDP or any other info?? Looks like it can be associated with lyme (which I think i’ve had three or four different tests from- all negative, though have had a LOT of tick bites throughout my life, and lived in the northeast where lyme is prevalant and hiked a lot.. but I was told they don’t think it’s lyme with my tests being negative). I feel so out of the loop!!

• GH
      June 6, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I’ve never heard the term before, but “mononeuritis” is inflammation of a single nerve, and “multiplex” means that it is occuring in several nerves at once. It appears to be merely a term which describes the symptoms without reference to a cause.

• June 7, 2012 at 3:31 am

Bunny, Check out a topic under success stories. A gentleman posted about this baronella virus that comesfrom in his son’s case spiders, but also lymes. Worth looking into.

• June 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

It could just be the billing code your dr’s office is using.

Kelly

• June 8, 2012 at 9:41 am

thanks yall.. it just caught me off guard!! Dawn – I will search for that success story – that gives me hope! I am going to get established with an internest next week and will ask them to test me for bartonella as well.. I did turn CMV positive after my blood transfusions (from the IUD perf which is what started all this fun).. I always wonder if that has anything to do with it too!?? Be nice if it was just a rx of antibiotics or antivirals and i was fixed haha! (one can hope)!