Minnesota Dr Recommendations

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2008 at 9:26 am

For those of you in Mn, what Dr’s do you recommend?
      I have had my disorder for 13 years. My current neuro believes that it is CIPD due to all my symptoms (tingling, lack of reflexes, episodes of major weakness which then improve over time until next episode, etc), but won’t treat as the EMG was inconclussive for demyelination and my LP was normal. He now wants to do foot nerve biopsy although he said that due to the timing of onset there is a very good likelihood that it won’t show him what he needs to see to officially diagnose. Then, if that biopsy is negative he wants to biopsy a nerve in my arm…again with the understanding that it may also not show him what he needs to see to diagnose. At that point he may decide to treat via steroids, but this part was left hanging until we did more testing.
      Also, does the Dr you recommend require a foot biopsy or are they likely to treat based on symptoms and history?
      Thanks
      Kristin

• May 23, 2008 at 10:16 am

Hi Kristin,
      I guess I would go to Mayo if I lived in Minnesota. Get everything done at one place. They will figure out what is wrong. I do believe Dr.Parry is in Minnesota, he is on the foundations medical advisory board. Good Luck.

Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Hi kristen, Dawn Kevies mom is right.. I’m from Minnesota, and just saw Dr Parry at the University; or the Mayo, there are other great neuros in Minnesota as well.. Good luck.. deanop